Kidde RemoteLync

(Jim) #1

Anyone see this yet? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-RemoteLync-Home-Monitoring-Device-21026465/205843011

Looks like a solid device. It listens for existing smoke/co alarms and notifies. No need to rip and replace existing alarms.

Its the cost of one Nest Protect.

Sounds great, but why? If you have an integrated Z-wave Smoke/Co detector in your house you will get push notification from ST. And same goes for the motion sensors, door sensors.

I can see a use for it if you have existing nonnetworked wired smoke alarms in a rental or vacation home.

(Jim) #5

The point is if you don’t have zwave or other smart detectors…

I just moved - why rip and replace brand new HARD WIRED detectors.

I had the first alert zwave detectors at my old house but they were battery operated and not interconnected

This is a great option.

(Keith Croshaw) #6

I want this big time! Code regulations forced me to not go with z-wave smoke detectors so this is a way to integrate my dumb smoke detectors.

(Jim) #7

@tyler - thoughts??? You guys don’t have much else going on!

(Keith Croshaw) #8

Yea @Tyler this one’s priority 1 for me. There’s also Leeo nightlight if it’s easier (read:cheaper) for you guys to have an official integration with ST.

(Marc) #9

I just installed 7 Nest Protects hardwired to pass code also on an extension I am doing. Tell me about it.

(Keith Croshaw) #10

Yea I think I could have gotten away with that but there’s no way I can afford that. Plus after watching multiple videos of them freaking out simultaneously I’d rather not.

(Marc) #11

I got V2 Protects, so far so good, but yes their past historical issues were unacceptable. 12 months no interest from Best Buy is a beautiful thing :smile:

(Keith Croshaw) #12

Haha touche, I’ve got enough of that funny money for a while. I’m hoping since Kidde put their name on it, it’s accurate. There’s always return policies.

(Jim) #13

I picked up one of these yesterday - seems to work pretty well - super easy to install, especially because mine are all hardwired - it can be installed anywhere.

@tyler - how about an integration!!!’???

(Vic Singh) #14

Can it differentiate from Smoke and Co2 and send different notification?
Will it update me if the alarm stops?

(Jim) #15

it can tell the difference - I’m not sure if it will alert on all clear

(Jovan) #16

some insurance companies will pay for (reimburse) a Nest Protect

(Jim) #17

Pretty limited carries and states…otherwise I would do it

(Jovan) #18

NJ wasn’t listed for Liberty Mutual, but they’ll honor it… so a call/email to your agent may be worth it :wink:

(Jim) #19

I emailed my rep - said it was cool but a no go right now anyway

(Keith Croshaw) #20

In their video they explain how the different tones that they listen for are standardized so it can differentiate.

(Beau Dolinsky) #21

Has anyone seen integration between ST & Kidde RemoteLync? It would be great to monitor using the ST Smart Home Monitor.