KeyWe Smart Lock

Has anyone looked at this? It’s a Kick Starter which I am very wary of (never participated), but they seemed to have crushed the funding target so have convinced a bunch of people on it. It has a bunch of nice looking features. Main page nor FAQ indicates ST compatibility, but it is Z-Wave, and seems in the comments people are confirming compatible. Given I couldn’t find a thread on here talking about it at all, that seems suspicious.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067904566/keywe-the-smartest-lock-ever/description

Sadly, already got the Heisman from my wife on this one. Think she really will only go for nickel. She also wants to try it on anything but our front door, which don’t have deadbolts, so that’s a tough cookie to crack.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #3

This lock was certified in April 18. We’ve already added support for this lock in the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DTH (version 04.02.00 to be released soon along with a few more lock models)

Key features of this lock with the DTH include:

• S2 security (since ST doesn’t support S2 yet, it’ll fall back to S0)
  • Door state sensor reporting
  • Bluetooth/Z-Wave unlocking/locking (reported)
  • Auto relock reporting
  • Adding/deleting user codes over Z-Wave upto 20 codes
  • Reporting fire/police alerts
  • Reporting manual locking/unlocking
  • Flexible pin codes, 4-10 digits

The one thing concerning about this lock is that they’re targeting AirBnB owners. Don’t know why they limited the number of users to just 20, Yale does 250. If you’re using it with AirBnB automation apps like the Rental Lock Automater (RLA) and you’re using this lock to manage, say, a 8 property rental unit with this lock being the common main door lock (for deadbolt reasons), you could likely be close to maxing out the number of users between the automatically generated users and the manually configured users.

But it seems very amply equipped, bluetooth, z-wave, wifi (using a bridge like Nuki does), door sensor, auto relock, amply equipped. I wonder how they be price wise.

(Glen King) #4

It’s an interesting point. I’ve always wondered why stuff gets brought to market that doesn’t match the capabilities of similar stuff already on the market, unless there is a significant cost savings in the new product.

Edit: on checking it out, I see it does bring new capabilities. Looks cool!
Wonder if they will make one without a physical key.

Received my KeyWe locks today. Will save the unboxing for someone else, but already had Rboy’s DTH/SA installed, was using them for my existing locks.

Pairing process is pretty easy: hit the S button, put in your admin code + * + 88

Once paired, I was able to associate it with the rboy lock manager + keypad manager, and it pushed my existing codes down. Off and running!

I gave in and installed the KeyWe app on my phone, used the Bluetooth options to change the admin code, turn off the autolock (7 seconds!!!) and verify a few other settings not exposed in the SmartApp, like pairing NFC devices. (You can do all that via the keypad, but it’s a PITA)

A++ locks, very happy I bought two.