Key Fob and mode changes

(Heath Reed) #1

Am I able to use this key fob to change modes? I am looking for a quick solution for turning On and off the alarm (alarm on vs alarm off). I also want to be able to use one of the buttons to trigger the alarm.

Are these possible to do with this key fob.

Are there android widgets in the works as well? A widget could also server this purpose too. If not a widget something that I could have tasker do. I have setup tasker to change switches from on to off but I wasn’t sure if tasker could changes modes (you could set it up I suppose to change modes when a switch it on/off)

Thanks,

(Andrew Urman) #2

This device should work with the SmartApp “Button Controller” just as its cousin the Aeon Minimote

On the widget front, there is nothing active right this minute…BUT…this Samsung deal will let us spend more developer resources on Android. So it WILL come, just a matter of time.

(Chrisb) #3

[quote=“hreed1985, post:1, topic:4298”]Are there android widgets in the works as well? A widget could also server this purpose too. If not a widget something that I could have tasker do. I have setup tasker to change switches from on to off but I wasn’t sure if tasker could changes modes (you could set it up I suppose to change modes when a switch it on/off)
[/quote]
While there isn’t a Widget, currently, you CAN setup tasker through OAuth endpoints to do some of this work. This is what I do with my kids tablets because I don’t want to give them full access to everything in the house, but I do want to give them access to the things in their rooms.

I setup tasker tasks to toggle things like outlets and room lights, then set them up as widgets on their tablets so they can just touch the widget to toggle things.

Here’s a good tutorial: