Kasa - Power outage

Hello

Got some power outage this week and our white noise machine in our room reset during the night when the power got back, with a high volume

I thought I could get a smart plug that can handle power outage state. Got myself a kasa mini plug. Those plug get back to their previous state after a power outage

Is there a way to override that feature and get an always off after power outage ?

Otherwise, is there smart plug with this feature?
Thanks

I don’t think the smart plug will help you in this case, because the problem is the white noise machine. In a power outage, it’s still going to lose power and then have power restored. Even if the power restored is that a different level, it will probably still reset itself to the higher level. In other words, I don’t think the volume of the white noise machine is based on the amount of current it receives. :thinking:

That said, there are some smart plugs that stay off after a power outage. What country are you in? The device selection does vary.

The following FAQ is old but probably still applies, although there may be individual model differences.

FAQ: How Outlets behave after a Power Outage (Brand differences)

Thanks for the reply

Yes I know the white noise machine suck, it should not turn on at max volume each time we turn it on / after power outage

I’m in Canada. Was looking for a always off smart switch or one we can choose the state after power outage. The night we have a power outage, it will stays off in the middle of the night instead of turning on the volume …