[OBSOLETE] Jasco/GE Motion Switch 26931

That level of understanding is why you get paid the big bucks :wink:

Thanks again for your help

@mlebaugh any reason you are using “checkInterval” Anytime this seems to be set on any of my GE Zwave PLUS switches smartthings will display unavailable if the switch hasn’t been used for the duration set. In your case 1920 seconds. When I switch these devices to DH’s that don’t have the checkinterval parameter I never have an issue.

Just wondering if you have that in there for a specific reason or because it was copied in there from a zwave template that you started with.

Thanks

Yeah, I implemented that and the new color scheme from the default template after smartthings implemented the health check.

I suppose I haven’t run into this as all my switches are used daily.

Yea for some reason I don’t think that works with the zwave plus stuff. If you check the smartthings default zwave plus device handlers you will see that they omit the checkinterval stuff.

Interesting. Not entirely sure why that would be considering all the check interval is doing is routinely refreshing the device. It’s not like zwave plus devices don’t refresh

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the case, just doesn’t make sense.

Yea it’s weird. If i I turn the switch on or off it comes back as available in the smartthings app. Or if I go into the device in the app and hit the gear in the upper right then click done it shows as available. Unfortunately I don’t have any zwave switches to test just zwave plus.

It’s not just the ge switches, I have a zwave plus tilt sensor in the garage that by default picked up on the zwave window /door sensor. I had the problem with that until I switched to the zwave plus one that ST offers

I am still having some issues with my 4 motion sensor switches.

1. Lights turn on with motion but immediately turn off (less than a second after)

2. Switch becomes unresponsive. No button pressing or motion does anything. In one case at least, after an occurrence of #1, the switch froze up and required me to pull the air gap to make it work again. Important to note that #1 does not always cause a freeze

3. Sometimes the IDE shows the correct recent events but ST app doesn’t show any updates. In this last case one of my switches was reporting “failed to update mesh info” when doing a network repair so I checked to see if it was working. The recent activity stopped 3 days ago in the ST app however the on/off events I triggered from the app (no idea if it actually did anything as I did so remotely) did show up in the events on the IDE. Incidentally I believe #1 may have happened more or less when the status reports stopped. Could the two events be related?

I am using @mlebaugh unmodified DTH but I doubt it is DTH related as the super fast on/off is too fast for the hub to be involved.

I cannot recall whether we discussed this before or not
 All of my switches seem to be pairing in unsecure mode (see raw data - zw:L instead of zw:Ls). Could this have something to do with the issue?

Are the others having issues the same as I have described above?

Yes. This happens to me about once every few weeks.

I don’t think it’s Matt’s dth. I think these are just poorly designed, which may explain why they were months past their expected release date.

The switches themselves are poor quality , I had 2 replaced, even the replacements have to be air gapped once a week. So 4 out of 6 are bad. As 2 have been perfect. All bought from Amazon.

I will have to get the ones without sensors as they seem bulletproof . Will have to return these or just get Lutron. Plus a separate z wave sensor :frowning:

@Blurum - Can you provide any details on the symptoms of the issues you are having when you need to air gap them? Do the switches just freeze up (no action on button press)? Do they stop working remotely but still work by pressing the button or via motion? I am just trying to figure out whether we are all having the same issues.

The switches just stop responding, randomly, happened to the other one just 5 min ago. So at least once a week. Incidentally, its ALWAYS the ones on the Panasonic bathroom vents that do this. The adjacent switches for the lights are fine. To be clear/corrected I replaced just one of the switches , the replacement has same behavior. Started after a couple of weeks. The one in the 2nd bathroom, separate circuit(shares with light switch) has same behavior, have not replaced it yet.
Once I air gap it , it will work fine for days. so it has nothing to do with hub/zwave, Its almost like the internals need a hard boot. I had even reset the switch twice and wiped it, re-paired it, it ran fine for a few days.
All this with the generic DTH
Unfortunately I have to give up - Jasco tech support had nothing to offer. Seems like a few users are exhibiting this behavior. A greater that 60% failure rate is unacceptable. Previously I had dumb Lutron sensor switches for the fans. Will likely swap to similar ones - too bad I threw them away. Or a Caseta one, but need a second hub as I maxed out my 50 device limit.

@Blurum - Do you have a motion switch for the fan and one for the light in each bathroom? And if so, only the motion switch controlling the fan is having issues? If this is the case then I see a pattern which is the same as an issue I was having a while back with a number of Aeotec plug in switches
 Whenever I controlled an inductive load (such as a fan motor) the switches would randomly freeze up. I never got to a solution with Aeotec so I simply stopped using those switches for inductive loads. When controlling LED lights they seem not to have any issues. I wonder whether the inductive load is occasionally causing the electronics to freeze up due to spikes or some other interference that the load may be introducing.

Can you confirm my understanding of your switch configuration is correct?

Also, when you state generic DTH I am guessing you mean just the default zwave switch DTH (without motion support), correct?

I am also assuming that switching from @mlebaugh’s DTH to the generic one nothing changed with regards to the frequency of the issue. Can you confirm?

I purchased a brand new motion switch and did not connect it to ST. I am checking to see whether the switch in its original post manufacturing condition freezes up. After some time I will add it to ST to see if the issue presents itself after doing so (if it hasn’t while not configured). I am wondering whether the parameters sent to it may be causing some trouble. This is probably not the case given all the configuration parameters seem to do what they should be doing but I am trying to keep an open mind to pinpoint the cause of the issue.

Thats good thinking. I’m wondering if the parameters are the issue or the load. Only one of the switches I have has had these problems and it is on a fluorescent light vs the other on LEDs.

I should note only the switches seem to have this problem, the dimmers have been rock solid. (I have 6 dimmers)

(Per Jasco the full reset procedure is: Hit top button 10 times within 5 seconds. I’m going to reset my problem one, attach it to smartthings and not change any settings.)

correct - one motion switch for the fan and one for the lights in each bathroom.
correct - default DTH without motion support -
I have never installed custom handlers.
I have done the 10 button press reset - issue still came back.

I have non motion zwave plus on an attic fan which is flawless btw.

will be returning the ones I use for fans as they are useless if family members or guests complain one they freeze in the off or on position - ok for a single geek that can air gap it very few days. Unless Jasco confirms that there was an issue on a particular batch and sends me brand new ones with latest firmware. Speaking of which are folks experiencing the issue on new firmware also? I have no clue what my firmware is nor how I would go about finding out. next time I remove the switches will be for sending back or in the garbage !

The one I reset and had pair again disconnected and became unresponsive again. I have no doubt these are just faulty switches. I will be contacting jasco/newegg for an RMA/return. In my case I can probably swap it for a dimmer.

As of right now I can’t suggest anyone buy these switches, only the dimmers.

The motion switch in my master closet has frozen up twice in 4 days. The latest instance, as in other previous ones, it happened when I tapped one of the buttons and the lights went on then off with a super fast sub second delay. Once this happened I changed the DTH to Zwave Tweaker to get a full dump of all its settings. Given I was able to communicate with the device it appears that motion and local control are disabled but the backend RF portion is still working. Someone pointed out to be that there is a Protection class that allows you to disable local control but Zwave Tweaker’s output seems to say that it is not set:

Protection Mode: [ Local: null (null), RF: null (null) ]

I am getting the impression that the freeze up may be happening when 2 events happen at the same time - a race condition? In other words I wonder whether one of the timeouts (such as the one that turns the light off) may be sometimes happening right when a button is pressed. I often get confused on what button to hit as all my switches are Leviton paddle switches so both on and off are the bottom button. I believe I may have hit the top button while exiting the master closet right when the lights were turning off
 but I was also right in front of the sensor so it should have picked up motion
 sorry for my rambling but I hope you got an idea of where I am going. I am now trying to replicate the issue with another switch that has not been added to ST to see if that has any impact.

Zwave Tweaker Output:

xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:59 PM: info
Command: [commandClassId: 0x8E, commandClassName: MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 8E03, payload: 0A 00 00 ]
=> Example: MultiChannelAssociationReport(groupingIdentifier: 10, maxNodesSupported: 0, nodeId: , reportsToFollow: 0)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x72, commandClassName: MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, commandID: 0x05, description: zw device: C7, command: 7205, payload: 00 63 49 4D 30 32 ]
=> Example: ManufacturerSpecificReport(manufacturerId: 99, manufacturerName: Jasco Products, productId: 12338, productTypeId: 18765)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x73, commandClassName: POWERLEVEL, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 7303, payload: 00 00 ]
=> Example: PowerlevelReport(powerLevel: 0, timeout: 0)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x7A, commandClassName: FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, commandID: 0x02, description: zw device: C7, command: 7A02, payload: 00 63 7D 32 EC 21 ]
=> Example: FirmwareMdReport(checksum: 60449, firmwareId: 32050, manufacturerId: 99)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x85, commandClassName: ASSOCIATION, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 8503, payload: 01 05 00 01 ]
=> Example: AssociationReport(groupingIdentifier: 1, maxNodesSupported: 5, nodeId: [1], reportsToFollow: 0)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x86, commandClassName: VERSION, commandID: 0x12, description: zw device: C7, command: 8612, payload: 03 04 05 05 22 FF 00 ]
=> Example: VersionReport(applicationSubVersion: 34, applicationVersion: 5, zWaveLibraryType: 3, zWaveProtocolSubVersion: 5, zWaveProtocolVersion: 4)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x59, commandClassName: ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, commandID: 0x02, description: zw device: C7, command: 5902, payload: 01 08 4C 69 66 65 6C 69 6E 65 ]
=> Example: AssociationGroupNameReport(groupingIdentifier: 1, lengthOfName: 8, name: [76, 105, 102, 101, 108, 105, 110, 101])
Command: [commandClassId: 0x60, commandClassName: MULTI_CHANNEL, commandID: 0x0A, description: zw device: C7, command: 600A, payload: 02 07 01 5E 59 71 ]
=> Example: MultiChannelCapabilityReport(commandClass: [94, 89, 113], dynamic: false, endPoint: 2, genericDeviceClass: 7, specificDeviceClass: 1)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x70, commandClassName: CONFIGURATION, commandID: 0x06, description: zw device: C7, command: 7006, payload: 14 01 00 ]
=> Example: ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 20, reserved11: 0, scaledConfigurationValue: 0, size: 1)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x71, commandClassName: NOTIFICATION, commandID: 0x05, description: zw device: C7, command: 7105, payload: 00 00 00 FF 07 00 00 ]
=> Example: AlarmReport(alarmLevel: 0, alarmType: 0)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x71, commandClassName: NOTIFICATION, commandID: 0x08, description: zw device: C7, command: 7108, payload: 01 80 ]
=> Example: [commandClassId:113, commandId:8]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:59 PM: info Command types [16]:
Command: [commandClassId: 0x20, commandClassName: BASIC, commandID: 0x01, description: zw device: C7, command: 2001, payload: 00 ]
=> Example: BasicSet(value: 0)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x20, commandClassName: BASIC, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 2003, payload: FF ]
=> Example: BasicReport(value: 255)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x25, commandClassName: SWITCH_BINARY, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 2503, payload: FF ]
=> Example: SwitchBinaryReport(value: 255)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x27, commandClassName: SWITCH_ALL, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 2703, payload: FF ]
=> Example: SwitchAllReport(mode: 255)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x56, commandClassName: CRC_16_ENCAP, commandID: 0, description: zw device: C7, command: 5600, payload: 60 0A 02 07 01 5E 59 71 81 61 ]
=> Example: [commandClassId:86, commandId:0]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:45 PM: info NotificationReport types [0]:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:45 PM: info MeterReport types [0]:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:45 PM: info SensorMultilevelReport types [0]:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:27 PM: warn zwaveEvent(): No handler for command: AlarmReport(alarmLevel: 0, alarmType: 0)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:20 PM: error parse(): Could not parse raw message: zw device: C7, command: 7108, payload: 01 80
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:20 PM: warn Exception ‘java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method parse() on null object’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 7108, payload: 01 80’
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:20 PM: info scanSensor(): Scanning alarm/notification:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:20 PM: info scanSensor(): Scanning for common sensor types (this can take several minutes to complete).
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:12 PM: info Command types [15]:
Command: [commandClassId: 0x20, commandClassName: BASIC, commandID: 0x01, description: zw device: C7, command: 2001, payload: 00 ]
=> Example: BasicSet(value: 0)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x20, commandClassName: BASIC, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 2003, payload: FF ]
=> Example: BasicReport(value: 255)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x25, commandClassName: SWITCH_BINARY, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 2503, payload: FF ]
=> Example: SwitchBinaryReport(value: 255)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x27, commandClassName: SWITCH_ALL, commandID: 0x03, description: zw device: C7, command: 2703, payload: FF ]
=> Example: SwitchAllReport(mode: 255)
Command: [commandClassId: 0x56, commandClassName: CRC_16_ENCAP, commandID: 0, description: zw device: C7, command: 5600, payload: 60 0A 02 07 01 5E 59 71 81 61 ]
=> Example: [commandClassId:86, commandId:0]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:04 PM: info zwaveEvent(): Basic Report received: BasicReport(value: 255)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:03 PM: info zwaveEvent(): Switch Binary Report received: SwitchBinaryReport(value: 255)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:03 PM: info zwaveEvent(): Basic Report received: BasicReport(value: 255)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:46:02 PM: info zwaveEvent(): Basic Report received: BasicReport(value: 255)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:57 PM: info zwaveEvent(): Basic Report received: BasicReport(value: 255)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:55 PM: info scanActuator(): Scanning for common actuator values.
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:52 PM: info Parameters [13]:
Parameter #1: [id:1, scaledConfigurationValue:-1, size:1]
Parameter #2: [id:2, scaledConfigurationValue:-1, size:1]
Parameter #3: [id:3, scaledConfigurationValue:3, size:1]
Parameter #6: [id:6, scaledConfigurationValue:1, size:1]
Parameter #7: [id:7, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #8: [id:8, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #9: [id:9, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #10: [id:10, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #11: [id:11, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #12: [id:12, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #14: [id:14, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #18: [id:18, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
Parameter #20: [id:20, scaledConfigurationValue:0, size:1]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:23 PM: info Parameter #20: Size: 1, Value: 0
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:14 PM: info Parameter #14: Size: 1, Value: 0
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:13 PM: info Parameter #13: Size: 1, Value: 2
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:13 PM: info Parameter #9: Size: 1, Value: 0
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:12 PM: info Parameter #7: Size: 1, Value: 0
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:11 PM: info Parameter #8: Size: 1, Value: 0
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:10 PM: info Parameter #3: Size: 1, Value: 3
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:07 PM: info Parameter #2: Size: 1, Value: -1
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:06 PM: info Parameter #1: Size: 1, Value: -1
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:05 PM: info scanParams(): Scanning Device Parameters (#0 to #20).
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:45:00 PM: info Endpoints [2]:
Endpoint #1: [id: 1, dynamic: false, genericDeviceClass: 16, specificDeviceClass: 1, Supported Commands: [ZWAVEPLUS_INFO (0x5E), ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO (0x59), SWITCH_BINARY (0x25)] ]
Endpoint #2: [id: 2, dynamic: false, genericDeviceClass: 7, specificDeviceClass: 1, Supported Commands: [ZWAVEPLUS_INFO (0x5E), ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO (0x59), NOTIFICATION (0x71)] ]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:42 PM: error parse(): Could not parse raw message: zw device: C7, command: 5600, payload: 60 0A 02 07 01 5E 59 71 81 61
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:42 PM: warn Exception ‘java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method parse() on null object’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 5600, payload: 60 0A 02 07 01 5E 59 71 81 61’
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:41 PM: info zwaveEvent(): Multi Channel Capability Report received: MultiChannelCapabilityReport(commandClass: [94, 89, 113], dynamic: false, endPoint: 2, genericDeviceClass: 7, specificDeviceClass: 1)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:29 PM: error parse(): Could not parse raw message: zw device: C7, command: 600A, payload: 00 00 01
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:29 PM: warn Exception ‘java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 4’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 600A, payload: 00 00 01’
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:29 PM: info scanEndpoints(): Scanning for Endpoints (#0 to #10).
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:22 PM: info
Association Group #10: [id:10, nodes:]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:22 PM: info Association groups [11]:
Association Group #0: [id:0, maxNodesSupported:0, nodes:]
Association Group #1: [id:1, maxNodesSupported:5, multiChannel:true, name:Lifeline, nodes:[01]]
Association Group #2: [id:2, maxNodesSupported:5, multiChannel:true, name:Basic set, nodes:[01]]
Association Group #3: [id:3, maxNodesSupported:5, multiChannel:true, name:Basic set, nodes:[01]]
Association Group #4: [id:4, nodes:]
Association Group #5: [id:5, nodes:]
Association Group #6: [id:6, nodes:]
Association Group #7: [id:7, nodes:]
Association Group #8: [id:8, nodes:]
Association Group #9: [id:9, nodes:]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:15 PM: info Association Group #1 has name: Lifeline
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:14 PM: info Association Group #1 contains nodes: [01] (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:14 PM: info Association Group #10 contains destinations: (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:12 PM: info Association Group #1 contains nodes: [01] (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:12 PM: info Association Group #9 contains destinations: (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:11 PM: info Association Group #1 has name: Lifeline
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:09 PM: info Association Group #1 contains nodes: [01] (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:09 PM: info Association Group #8 contains destinations: (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:08 PM: info Association Group #6 contains destinations: (hexadecimal format)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:04 PM: info Association Group #1 has name: Lifeline
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:44:02 PM: info scanAssocGroups(): Scanning Association Groups (#0 to #10).
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:43 PM: info Discovery Stats:
Number of association groups discovered: 7 [Print Assoc Groups]
Number of endpoints discovered: 1 [Print Endpoints]
Number of parameters discovered: 5 [Print Parameters]
Number of unique command types received: 13 [Print Commands]
Number of MeterReport types discovered: 0 [Print Sensor]
Number of NotificationReport types discovered: 0 [Print Sensor]
Number of SensorMultilevelReport types discovered: 0 [Print Sensor]
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:43 PM: info General Information:
Device Name: Master Closet Light
Raw Description: zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:494D model:3032 ver:5.34 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,72,5A,73,27,25,2B,2C,70,86,71,60,8E,85,59,7A,56 ep:[‘1001 5E,59,25’, ‘0701 5E,59,71’]
Supported Command Classes: [SWITCH_BINARY (0x25), SWITCH_ALL (0x27), SCENE_ACTIVATION (0x2B), SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF (0x2C), CRC_16_ENCAP (0x56), ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO (0x59), DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY (0x5A), ZWAVEPLUS_INFO (0x5E), MULTI_CHANNEL (0x60), CONFIGURATION (0x70), NOTIFICATION (0x71), MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC (0x72), POWERLEVEL (0x73), FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD (0x7A), ASSOCIATION (0x85), VERSION (0x86), MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION (0x8E)]
Security: Device is not using security.
Manufacturer ID: 0063
Manufacturer Name: null
Product Type ID: 494D
Product ID: 3032
Firmware Metadata: Firmware ID: 7D32, Checksum: EC21
Application (Firmware) Version: 5.34
Z-Wave Protocol Version: 4.05
Z-Wave Library Type: 03 (Enhanced Slave)
Powerlevel: NormalPower
Protection Mode: [ Local: null (null), RF: null (null) ]
Switch_All Mode: 255 (Device is included in the all on/all off functionality.)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:29 PM: info Version Report: Application Version: 5.34, Z-Wave Protocol Version: 4.05, Z-Wave Library Type: 03 (Enhanced Slave)
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:28 PM: info Switch All Mode: 255: Device is included in the all on/all off functionality.
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:28 PM: info Powerlevel Report: Power: NormalPower, Timeout: 0
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:28 PM: info Manufacturer-Specific Report: Manufacturer ID: 0063, Manufacturer Name: Jasco Products, Product Type ID: 494D, Product ID: 3032
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:25 PM: info Firmware Metadata Report: Firmware ID: 7D32, Checksum: EC21
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 12:43:23 PM: info scanGeneral(): Scanning for common device attributes.

@Blurum - You can look at the Raw Description in the IDE. Where you see “ver.”, it is the firmware version. Mine is:

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:494D model:3032 ver:5.34 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,72,5A,73,27,25,2B,2C,70,86,71,60,8E,85,59,7A,56 ep:[‘1001 5E,59,25’, ‘0701 5E,59,71’]

so firmware version 5.34. I have others that are 5.28 but do the same thing.

I put the motion switches where I have florescent lighting that will not work with solid state switches such as the dimmer (I have not verified it but it is usually the case). Also, the dimmer seems (can’t really measure this) to be even slower than the motion switch in turning on the light (compared to dumb motion switches), which may be due to the Dim Rate Steps/Timing settings or some other parameter. The slowness makes them less desirable in rooms where you have pitch black (3 of the rooms I put these in) as you walk several steps into the room before there is light. Any suggestions on speeding them up would be nice.

@mlebaugh - It appears that a couple of my parameters are set to -1 (negative one)
 Could that be why this is happening? I thought that parameter values were always a positive number .

Parameter #1: [id:1, scaledConfigurationValue:-1, size:1]
Parameter #2: [id:2, scaledConfigurationValue:-1, size:1]

#1 - Is Timeout Duration and #2 is Change Brightness. The defaults are 5 for #1 and 255 for #2 so why is Zwave Tweaker reading -1? Is there any chance that the DTH (current or a previous revision of) may have set it to -1?

So im looking to replace around 5 switches with those ones.
I have been seeing quite a few issues with those switches so far, would you guys recommend to wait before buying?

Jascos support is trying to duplicate the issue but can’t yet. So they are trying. Lots of folks have the issues so I would hold off buying until Jasco has a fix.
People have seen issues on lights as well as fans as per Jasco. My lights are fine .
I will get two which I use with fans exchanged for free from them. But I will opt for the ones without a sensor, the plain paddle switch.

It is likely 255 is reporting as -1. It is a range of 00-FF. Since this is unsigned, an FF will often report as -1.

1 Like