[OBSOLETE][[DEPRECIATED] Jasco/GE Motion Dimmer Switch 26933

How would I use the association group to control a nearby zwave outlet?

Use case: 26933 switch is installed in a room that has a zwave outlet, when the light is on the outlet should be on, when the light is off the outlet off.

Matt,

Should line 610 of the device handler replicated below be size:2 instead?

cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,settings.resetcycle.toInteger()], parameterNumber: 15, size: 1)

Thanks,
B

Use the IDE to determine the network ID of your switch
 It will be a two digit Hexadecimal number.
If you haven’t added the community provided DTH for this device, add it and configure it for your motion switch.
Click the configuration icon (gear in the top right) then scroll down to Association Groups. Add the network ID of your outlet (that you grabbed above)
Save and exit.

Group 2 associated zwave devices dhould get a command to turn on and off with the switch itself.

Group 3 works with the double tap function.

Is it possible to use double tap to trigger a virtual switch? I’m trying right now and it doesn’t seem to work. The device type is “Simulated Switch”. Maybe it needs to be something else?

Not with Z-Wave association groups. For association groups, the target device MUST be a physical Z-wave switch. If you want to target a virtual switch, you need to use something like a ST Routine or a SmartApp like Advanced Button Controller to trap and respond to the button 1 (up, on) or 2 (down, off) press event.

1 Like

I see. I have WebCoRE running a “Bright Mode”. Virtual switch that disables any circadian stuff and turns the bulbs to 100% and bright white. I’d like to trigger this with the 26933 double tap.

Both Advanced Button Controller and the ST Routines only show Two buttons available with the 26933. Shouldn’t there be 4 if double tap is available?

Nope - There are the ‘on’ and ‘off’ switches, and the buttons 1 and 2. Button 1 corresponds to the DT Up and Button 2 corresponds to DT Down. So you associate whatever you want to turn ON with DoubleTap up with Button 1.

It looks something like this:

Happy Button.

1 Like

I’ll be danged, there it is. Finally! Thanks!

A little tweaking necessary - it wants to turn the virtual switch on along with the regular on/off. I think it might still be associated in group 3? Going to try to clean it up with zwave tweaker.

Unfortunately I’m still having trouble. The regular on/off of the switch is inexplicably tied up together with double tap buttons 1 and 2. I can double tap to turn on the virtual switch and it will work, but if I double tap to turn it off, it will turn off but then immediately turn back on. At that point the original on/off state of the 26933 switch is no longer functional and the switch remains in the on position until I remove all rules involving doubletap buttons 1 & 2. Tried this both with Advanced Button Controller as well as a WebCoRE piston.

Zwave Tweaker still says it is associated to the original device ID of the virtual switch in group 3. I’m unsure how to reset/remove that association, so I just changed the device ID of the virtual switch to something different. Could this be the culprit?

Okay I’m realizing what’s happening here. There is no doubletap happening at all. “Button One” is not the doubletap as you said. It’s just the On button on the physical switch. So far there is no evidence of double tap working here.

That’s strange - not at all how my six, 14xxx switches are working
 And I just rechecked my 26933, it works just like my 14xxx

Most reports in this thread confirm doubletap not working with this model
 Did something change?

I have a 14 which works as expected, but I have it directly associated with another Z+ device, not a virtual switch.

nathancu, can you post your firmware version? I wonder if there’s more than one batch of these.

1 Like

Will do. Give me a bit - I’m not where I can get to the IDE at the moment.

How hard would this DTH be to modify for a Zooz dimmer? Namely, the ZEN24: https://www.amazon.com/ZEN24-VER-2-0-Existing-Mechanical/dp/B01N0GWI83

The functionality of the ZEN24 is different than the one for the Motion Dimmer. We’ll be releasing a Zooz motion-activated switch (not a dimmer) later this spring, the model number is ZEN12 and it will have its own dedicated handler. Meanwhile, the ZEN24 has a handler created for it but since its only configuration option is to reverse up/down operation, it will probably not come useful to you. Is there anything in particular you’re looking to apply the handler for?

Sorry it took so long, had an issue I needed to take care of

It’s:
zw:L type:1101 mfr:0063 prod:494D model:3034 ver:5.27 zwv:4.34 lib:03 cc:5E,72,5A,73,26,27,2B,2C,70,86,71,60,8E,85,59,7A,56 role:05 ff:8600 ui:8600 ep:[‘1101 5E,59,26’, ‘0701 5E,59,71’]

So it’s a v. 5.27

You now have me curious as to what I’m getting so I’m going to setup a test later. I can’t do it till this weekend though.

Modifying the default “on” brightness level depending on the time of day. If I tap “up” once on the ZEN24 in the middle of the night, it’d be nice to have it turn on at say 40% brightness, even if it was 100% brightness the last time it was used (before going to bed).

Looks like ours are identical.

Unfortunately, this can’t be accomplished with the current version of the switch. It will always go to the last brightness level when turned on manually. But we’ll keep it in mind for future releases!