Jasco 3-way switch doesn't trigger events?

Hello,

I just installed two Jasco 3-way switches. Then I setup two ‘The Big Switch’ apps so that when I turn on one light circuit, it turns on the other as well, and vice versa.

This works great, except that when I flip the auxiliary switches, the installed apps don’t seem to run, so the other lights don’t seem to switch together.

I know the auxiliary’s aren’t z-wave enabled themselves, but I thought that by switching the primary switch the primary would notify the SmartThings hub. Am I mistaken? Is there a workaround?

I did notice that by going to the SmartThings app on my phone and viewing the switch that changed state, if I tap ‘refresh’ the app then runs correctly.

Is there a work around for this? The auxiliary switch is located at our main entrance, so it would be really handy to get multiple lights to come on when we come in.

@joshbcp - I have experienced the same thing. It doesn’t really matter to me, but I can definitely see where that’d be annoying. If you’re cool with editing the app yourself, you could maybe look into subscribing to an unfiltered event list ala:

The only caveat is that the device will be regularly polled (ever ~5 mins) and that will cause the event to fire. So you could potentially use unfiltered, check if state changed - if so, continue with the desired event.

Jasco switches do not provide immediate status updates and have to be polled, this probably the problem. I do know that Lutron and Cooper switches do provide immediate status updates, but not sure how SmartThings handles them.

I have been reading on this recently and this is one of the things that bums me out about Z-Wave devices. I come from using Insteon where I do not have to wait for devices to be polled.