Issues with SmartThings App, IDE and Cloud Integrations?

Yeah I cannot watch tv lol my switch is connected to ST and its behind the cabnit so I can’t reach it oops.

Looks like I’m heading outside also.

Phew. I noticed this only after I updated to the latest Android App. I thought it was the app update.

This is good for marketing especially with relatives visiting the house during for the holiday but nothing is working properly. There is a saboteur at ST working for Apple trying to bring Samsung down? find him please… i want my system working again.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. It is probably related to the performance problem.

1 Like

Sign up for status updates here http://status.smartthings.com/incidents/s2mq9svwx30c

Looks like they’re aware

Follow up:

I was just able to disconnect and re-connect my Amazon Echo.

Affirmative! I just did that as well and I was able to re-link as well.
But when I ask Alexa to discover devices the response I get is “Could not find any connected home devices”

Yeah, we may need to wait until the performance issue is resolved. It did that same for me. Testing right now is probably going to produce mixed results.

1 Like

Echo finally discovered my devices and seems to be working now. This was a great example of ST acknowledging issue quickly, acting upon it immediately and resolving it. Great Job! The app seems to be loading and working well too. Thanks! Just hope that we dont have any more issues during the holiday season… need to show off my smart home to lot of visitors that I am expecting :wink:

2 Likes

I would like to know what was done to fix the issue. @slagle, do you have any information?

Just got the notification email that the issue is resolved. I noticed that the mobile app responsiveness and IDE access had been restored about 10 minutes earlier.

Service disruptions are never a good thing, but I will say this… scheduled events and routines continued working throughout.

We resolved the performance issue.

1 Like

That’s why you are Mr_Lucky with ever smiling huge teeth! :wink: (with due respect)! :wink:

1 Like

Ha ha, Ron. It used to be an animated .gif that morphed from big smile to neutral, to big frown. I still have the still images in .png format. One of these days I’ll recreate the animation. Are animated avatars supported here? I’m guessing not, since I’ve never seen one.

1 Like

Thanks MOTO… can we be a little more specific? what was fixed? did someone tripped over a network cable? spilled coffee on a keyboard? Added more RAM??? Anything???

The root cause is classified. On a “need to know” basis only. TS security clearance level is required. You get the idea. :smile:

3 Likes

I think it was a humorous attempt at saying, “that’s all the detail that has been approved for public consumption.” :smiling_imp:

The reason I didn’t share more is because there isn’t more to share.

The cloud got a little overwhelmed. We resolved the overwhelmedness (yes that’s a technical term).

Nah, it was just a stupid typo. @slagle is just too embarrassed to admit it. ::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Words are hard lol :wink:

1 Like