Issues with HomeCloudHub

Having issues getting HomeCloudHub server running it keeps timing out. @ady624 any ideas how to get it running?

I have started having the same issues recently - turns out the hub is running out of socket resources - ever since they added that silly Super LAN Connect. I had to remove most of my devices from homebridge to get it to work… Do you have any other Connect app that’s no longer supported, like the old Samsung TV (Connect) one?

I haven’t seen any problems yet.

No i just got started with the project and followed the readme instructions. I’m using a Pi3 and just started with smartthings and home automation. I have only a couple of plugs and the window/door sensors, the motion sensor & thermostat.

I am running about 14 door and window sensors from AT&T on a Centos 7 VM

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ node /var/node/homecloudhub.local/homecloudhub.js

4/12/2017, 1:51:16 AM [homecloudhub] Home Cloud Hub app v0.1
4/12/2017, 1:51:16 AM [homecloudhub] ====================================================================================================
4/12/2017, 1:51:16 AM [homecloudhub] Retrieved config with server at 192...*:39500 - requesting init data
events.js:160
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 192...*:39500
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1018:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1041:20)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1090:14)
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

this is the error i get when trying to connect to start the server. I took out the ip address.

Anything in the IDE, live logging? Is the IP the right one (the hub’s IP)? You may need to ensure that the config file is writable by the user running the nodejs app.

I’m not sure about any of it. I will try running it in the IDE to see what is going on when I get home. The ip it’s trying to connect says .1 instead of .0 not sure if that would make a difference.

Last digit is 0? Or is this the second last part? 192.168.0.x vs 192.168.1.x is a completely different thing. Find the config json file and edit it to reflect the right IP. Or make it writable and it should take care of its own.

its the second to last part and I’ll let you know in a few! thanks for the help with this.

you mean the smartthings hub correct or are you talking about the digital life hub?

the nodejs app needs to know the IP of the hub - find the local IP in the Hubs page in your IDE. Then put that ip in the config file.

its just sitting at requesting init data. Does it matter the generation of the hub i have a v2 hub?

Did u fix the IP? Did u install the smart app from the marketplace?

Yes fixed the up and got the app from the market place it tells me it can’t find the local server running

Never mind. It looks like it is working now I needed to point it to my Pi’s address in the app. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

this is amazing! it picked up all of my door sensors and the keypad as well. Is there anything that needs to be added for bypassing open windows?

I never got around to fix that bypass thing. And I am too busy working on webCoRE nowadays, when I am not at work…

1 Like

My homecloud hub has been working flawlessly for over a year until my hub received the 17.2 Firmware update last week. After that all device connections are lost.

I can go in the app and about every 10th time it find the hub or I enter the IP manually… but then in the next step I receive the error notice that the hub was not found on the IP address (I can verify that it is running though through remote login into my pi).

I will try a fresh install of the smart app and see if that fixes it…

It’s the Super LAN that screwed it. It appears that the hub runs out of TCP resources for connections. At least that’s what someone at ST said it seems to be happening…