Issue with ZigBee sensors not responding

There shouldn’t be anything from the past two weeks that would have changed the Zigbee behavior (ie. yesterday’s firmware update was the only change). Have you added any new wifi devices in the house?

If it’s not batteries, range, or interference, there are a couple other items of note:

1. One of the repeaters may have a bad pairing. Can you also try resetting the outlets

2. If you have any Osram, Cree, or GE Link bulbs, these could be causing events to go missing. It has to do with the firmware on the Zigbee chip. Unscrew the bulbs and waiting an hour or so (or reboot the Hub) to force the network to re-map.

3. I don’t know how much has been discussed elsewhere, but we are testing some Zigbee device OTA updates for a few first and third party devices.

4. Information about our new device health capabilities is slowly eeking out. It will be limited at first, but over time, will us be able to proactively warn you when something starts going wrong.

(note - I know #3 and #4 are not immediate fixes, but they are active projects and should help us better target long standing device connectivity issues. Also, no - I cannot share more detailed timelines beyond soon)

2 Likes