Issue with Danalock Z-wave

Thank you garret. Ok so is it indeed an issue of the s0 devices being unable to repeat s2 devices? By buying an smart switch 7, will it in theory be able to properly repeat the signal for my s2 danalock?

Wait the Smart switch 7 is a smart plug ?

@garrett.kranz is there something with a uk plug? A siren 6 will also work as a repeater?

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. The Smart Switch 7 comes in an EU-style plug. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

https://popp.to/collections/z-wave-switches-sockets-lighting/products/aeotec-smart-switch-7-zw175?utm_source=Aeotec-com&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=w2b

So long as it is Included while AC-powered, yes.

2 Likes

We use type G plugs here not type F that is what i was asking. As i need another siren i would prefer to have another one istead of a plug. However, in my specific case will the gen 7 smart switch offer anything in terms of range?

2 Likes

The siren should be fine as long as it gets added with S2 security enabled while on Main’s power. If you add it when it’s just on battery it won’t act as a repeater.

1 Like

I ve put it in the the microwave and now all i get is

I just bought a gen 7 smart switch just in case there are any range improvements over the gen 5 siren 6. Now we just have to wait 2 weeks to get here :rofl:

1 Like

Understandable. I will ofcourse add it as S2 and pray this works. Otherwise i will need to consider alternative solutions such us buying a zigbee lock

1 Like

@Andremain,
Be patient, do not give up to the first failure. The other day I had to repair 4 times and the fourth the network was repaired.
The last one I did from the IDE utilities.

Leave the siren off for a while and Activate and deactivate the lock with the siren off

The fibaro switches are now having difficulty turning on and off. I swear this was working before

Now it is trying to route from the hub to the front door to the statue light. The front door is much further away from the hub than the statue light

It’s not about physical distance. It’s about signal strength, and there are all kinds of things that can go into that. You don’t need to worry about the routes that it picks for itself as long as you are getting acceptable results. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Problem is it doesn’t. Could a hub firmware had done this?

Just brought back the aeotec siren from the microwave, did a few network repairs and it now works again

I swear i am not making this up :rofl:

1 Like

I could not answer that.
What I observe with respect to the connection meshes is that they are readjusted for various reasons, for example, if there is an electrical interruption and the router and hub have UPS backup, the devices with battery continue to function normally and the repeaters are inoperative. In the time that the interruption lasts, the devices will try to connect to the hub and vice versa.
When power is restored, routes can be altered.
Above all I see that it is a slow process until they stabilize again.

1 Like

It’s okay. :+1:
The problem seems that the lock could not connect with the siren correctly, it needed another jump

In addition, the s2 security isue can also influence the connection failure. In that I can only learn from what says @JDRoberts

I will still get the s2 smart switch 7 to use as a repeater and see how it will influence the network.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

1 Like

Smartthings doesn’t give us a lot of tools to diagnose network problems, so it can be just trial and error.

It could have something to do with the hub firmware, but then I would have expected a lot more people to be reporting the same problem, and that doesn’t seem to have happened.

I can’t read your screenshots, but I had Mark take a look and he said you were showing 10 out of 12 message transmission failures. If so, I definitely wouldn’t consider that a stable network, and I would expect it might fail again at any time. :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t know what else to tell you. You can report it to support but since you’re in Cyprus they may not want to help much.

It may be you just need to wait until you get the new repeater and try that. Or can you move the siren that you have to the location where you would put the new repeater, at the top of the stairs, just to see if that helps anything? You would need to run a zwave repair again after you move it.

2 Likes

Analyzing a little more how lock has been connected, it is possible that, as I mentioned in the other post, if you have a power cut, the fibaro switch (56) would be inoperative and if the lock, with battery, tries to connect to the hub in that period, it will do it directly with the siren, which also has a battery.
And you’ll have to use the microwave again :rofl: