Isolation Automation: Is it affecting your household?

Is anyone else finding new automations becoming “critical” as they spend unusual amounts of time at home during the coronavirus situation? My wife finally came on board with ordering iBlinds because we’re all at home for most of the day and a couple of the blinds on our main floor are a hassle to reach and open/close. We’re also finding the hiccups in our normal automations that we live with for the occasional holiday that need to be reevaluated when our entire routine is thrown off for a longer period.

1 Like

I am not the best at it, but many of us here (and webcore users) try to program with unusual situations in mind. It can get complicated and frustrating up front, but going back to modify something you “completed” months ago can be worse.

2 Likes

Since I spend most of my life in one of two rooms, automations are always critical for me. One of my housemates is a customer service manager for a delivery service, so he’s still going into work. The other one has been laid off and is spending all of his time right now just playing video games. So it hasn’t really changed our automation requirements yet, but our household is unusual.

I’m sure there are a lot of people who will be affected, this should be a very interesting thread. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

not too much changing here. My desk is in our guest room, which we keep a small heater in since it tends to be colder that the rest of the house. Now that i’m using it more, i’ve added a smart plug to automatically turn it off if there is no motion in the room. Mainly so if I forget to turn it off at night it doesn’t come one without someone in the room.

2 Likes

Yeah, with kids at home during the day I am walking around the house and find myself wondering why the lights come on when is so bright in the room -:slight_smile: :dark_sunglasses: Have lights adjusted for the weekend but apparently not for weekdays. LOL

2 Likes

Most of mone are based on occupancy of individual rooms based on sensors so theres no modification required

1 Like

Mine too, but not on luminosity of individual rooms.

My “Save Energy” routine that stops heating from 7:15am on weekdays so we didn’t heat before leaving for school/work becane very unpopular these days when temperature dropped to 15C gradually to 11am… Had to suspend it till we get to better days.

2 Likes