Is Z-Uno supported by Smart Things? I need a water level sensor

Hendre,

Okay, I have everything you need uploaded to my GitHub repository.

For the Arduino side of things:

• Copy PS_Ultrasonic.h and PS_Ultrasonic.cpp from the “Arduino/libraries/ST_Anything” folder and copy them to your corresponding folder. These are updated versions of @Saif76 's files, so please overwrite any copies you may already have on your PC.

• Copy the ST_Anything_Ultrasonic_ESP01WiFi folder and included .ino sketch from the “Arduino/Sketches” folder to your Arduino/Sketches folder. Edit this file to add your WiFI credentials, hub IP address, etc…

Note: Since you’re using an ESP01, it only has two GPIO pins on it - pin 0 and 2. I have configured this sketch to use both of those pins for the Ultrasonic sensor. It requires a pin for a trigger and another to measure the echo response. These are the pins you’ll need to figure out how to wire to your ultrasonic sensor. I do not have one of these sensors, so you’ll need to ask @Saif76 for instructions , or Google it.

On the SmartThings side of things:

-Hopefully you’re using GitHub integration in your ST IDE. If so, please be sure to update your “Parent_ST_Anything_Ethernet” Device Handler with the new version which supports the ultrasonic Child Sensor device handler. Remember to SAVE and PUBLISH the updated version!
-While you’re in the GitHub integration, be sure to install and PUBLISH the new “Child Ultrasonic Sensor” device handler.

It is probably best to delete your existing Parent Device (not the code, the actual device in the ST IDE’s “My Devices” tab - not the “My Device Handlers” tab!) Then manually create it again, and use your phone to configure it MAC Address, IP Address, Port, and number of buttons (use 0 for this). After doing so, a new child device will be created for the ultrasonic sensor. Click on it, go into its settings, and configure the dimensions or your tank.

OK - Hopefully you’ve got it from here!

1 Like