Is webCoRE dead? (SmartThing change causing webCoRE not to not work starting Sept 8)

Coolhand 72 Thank You SO Much!

Your fix worked!

1 Like

Hi all. We just made a change on our end that should have webcore working for everyone again. Please check again and post if you are still seeing any issues.

7 Likes

I changed line 950 back to the original and reloaded my browser. It seems to be working and back to normal. Thanks.

Out of interest, what did line 950 say? I don’t have webcore installed to find out.

1 Like

If I have the line numbers the right way around, line 950 read the list of current SHM incidents so they could be featured on an icon at the top of the webCoRE dashboard. Another line read the list inside pistons. Something went tits up a little while back and generated fatal errors, one stopping the dashboard loading, and the other stopping pistons being loaded for editing.

I am rather surprised that they may have had any bearing this time around as the few errors I saw involved location modes and null runtime data. I didn’t see the issue myself.

1 Like

Well that was costly :frowning: I thought this issue was fixed so I uncommented 950 a week ago.
Went away yesterday and my piston to start the solar heater panel pump didn’t work; I came home to find all the lights on so that was a clue. I now have 200.00 worth of melted hose and broken glass from the extreme heat that was not sent to the pool Grrrrr.

Sadly, that’s a costly but important lesson: do not depend upon the SmartThings hub (and especially the SmartThings cloud) for anything important.

6 Likes

Stopped working for me today in the UK - none of my pistons do anything and logging doesn’t work.

Yes I know I was asking for it :wink:
Webcore has been so reliable for years that one gets a false sense of security.
Even when ST and all it’s problems of late create ire it seems WC just chugs alone.

1 Like

I seem a little late to the party but my Webcore stopped working yesterday too with the same symptoms as mentioned in this thread. Did yours come back okay, what did you do?

There was new firmware being pushed to the hubs yesterday so things were questionable the whole day.

Follow the instructions I linked to above and see if that resolves the issue for you. It is not related to hub firmware updates being pushed out today but most likely due to the Classic app and that side of the platform being shut down.

Will do. Which smart app, I have 4 webcore smart apps - webcore, webcore dashboard, webcore piston ans webcore storage

Both webcore and webcore piston. Instructions and screenshots are in that link. If by chance, it does not resolve the issue… post on the webcore forum and one of the minions will surely assist.

1 Like

I’ve made those changes and it appears to have have worked (webcore dashboard is now working and I think the pistons are too). Thanks for your help.

2 Likes