Is there an API to create scenes?

Is there an API I can use to automate the creation of scenes? I’m trying to create scenes that will adjust the color temperature of 15+ bulbs at once, and it’s time consuming to have to go in and manually set the color temperature of 15 bulbs for each and every color temperature I’d like to create a scene for.

1 Like

There hasn’t been an API into the read, creation or configuration of any SmartThings objects to date.

Scenes are supposedly implemented with the “new” API, so I suppose the situation may be different… But I doubt it.

The best available option? Implement a Scenes equivalent yourself using a custom SmartApp or WebCoRE, and have that offer some way or fetching or receiving external configurations (ie, implement an API).

There is an API for scenes but it has not been rolled out to the public yet. I don’t have any timelines on general availability, but one does exist.

3 Likes

This sounds great!

Is there a Beta…?

1 Like

When they have those details worked out on how that beta program will work, they’ll have another beta program for testing the beta program, before having a beta on the scenes API.

There is not a public or private beta that I know of at this point, but when one comes around @slagle will be the first to know.

3 Likes

Nothing yet. And as always nothing to share as far as timeline…

1 Like

Trend Setter should work perfect for you. You can group the lights with trend setter then use that switch to create the appropriate Scene (Light Color).

1 Like

Any update?

It’s been three years, any update yet?