Is there a way to fire a method when a device is displayed?

I reported bug with slider not initializing when the device detail page is opened.

I could temporarily fix it if I could fire a method when the page it opened. I could get the current value and send an attribute event to set that same value. The slider seems to display it’s slider value correctly when the attribute event is issued.

I could see this perhaps being useful at other times also.

On a similar note is there a list of events that can be subscribed to ?
Location events are listed on the documentation page but I am assuming there are many other types of events. Actually can a device generate it’s own events ?

Ummm… That’s what most devices do – either process Commands and/or initiate Events. The only way to update and share an Attribute is via an Event.

Currently, I believe that you do not need to declare all such “Attributes” in the metadata{}; but technically the Event name is the Attribute name, if you don’t mind the quick oversimplification.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Good point, my last question came to mind while typing main question. Technically it’s off topic from my main question if there is a way to fire a method when the device tiles page is displayed. If not I will just wait for ST to fix the slider bug.

To my knowledge, there isn’t any UI hooks to wire up to when something is displayed or loaded in the UI.

However, you can easily add a refresh button to do this.

1 Like

Thanks, I was thinking of adding action to displayed value tile to update the slider but I was hoping to fix the issue in a seamless manner. I think ST will fix this one since they just broke it :slight_smile:

1 Like