Is there a SmartApp to create and trigger lighting scenes?

Haven’t tried it. I also have to admit, sadly, that I’m not entirely sure how to make these smart apps appear on my smart things app. Is there a basic tutorial? Sorry for the stupid questions.

@wackware I just tried to install it and I got a “Metadata definition not found” (Copied from github)

BTW - started using Dim with me - love it! Nice work as usual.

@wackware It didn’t work for me when I tried it. I didn’t notice an error when I saved the code, but my Cree bulbs were not working. I might be the Cree device type and not Scene Machine…but you mentioned in another thread that it wasn’t working anymore and needed updating. The source on Github looks quite old. Is there updated code somewhere?

1 Like

Scene machine should be working now. I added the meta def section. Let me know how it works for you.

Have you been able to try the updated version?

Click here to get it

Hope you enjoy it! BTW, stay tuned for Mo-Scene Machine in a week or so.
Lights and beyond!

2 Likes

This is my solution:

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t seem to be working for me. First, I’m not sure when it reads the light settings. I created an instance of the app, but hadn’t set the levels that I wanted. Then I set the levels of two Cree bulbs and a WeMo switch (to off), went back in and didn’t change the set of lights, but hit done, done, hoping that would read the levels.

I then turned all the bulbs to 100% and the WeMo to on, and hit the icon for the app. The WeMo properly turned off, but the Cree bulbs did not dim. Maybe it is the beta Cree device type…?

Hmm, sounds like the Cree’s aren’t getting/recording the state correctly. I’ll order a couple and see what I can do to fix this. Do you have any other light devices you can use this for?

What model and where’d you get the cree bulbs?

T

I got it to work but I kept getting errors on the description - had to change it.

The Cree’s are the new Connected Cree bulbs (Cree version of the GE Link). They’re using a community device-type that I put together from the My GE Link Bulb v2 device-type. It should have the Level and setLevel events, but let me know if you see an issue with the device-type (it needs to be cleaned up a lot).

Where is the best place to buy the Cree’s from?

Home Depot stocks them now.

I’ll make a run today. Thanks!

I had trouble in another app using the Cree bulbs, and I haven’t attempted to debug it yet. But, I think the device type is throwing extra level events (unless @Sticks18’s latest version fixed it). My app has a handler for “level” for a different reason, but that screwed it up. I moved them to the stock “turn on when there is motion” app and they work fine with that. setLevel(x) definitely works as expected.

I squashed two bugs that were throwing extra on/off and level events; so the latest version should be more reliable/stable. Hopefully that helps, but there could be more bugs. I still haven’t picked one up myself yet for better testing/debugging, so I’ve been relying on reports in the other thread.

I will give it a try this morning, and let you know…

The new device type version appears to have resolved the problems I was having with extraneous events. My app that had problems before with Cree now functions as it should.

Good work @Sticks18!!

Where do you buy Aeon Minimote for $25?

Amazon and/or eBay. Version 1, White, firmware upgradable.

Yeah, for me the cheapest is $61.