Is the SmartThings website broken for everyone, or just me?

Maybe someone should open a support ticket for this link not working?

:joy:

4 Likes

That’s not the usual URL.

If you go to the first page of these forums, then click on the “developer tools” link in the upper right, It will take you to the IDE login. Try that page instead.

The actual URL will be different depending on where you live. The US one looks like this:

https://graph.api.smartthings.com

Oh this is rich. I’ve never seen this before, but now I can see that all of my tickets have been closed but for one. That’s hilarious. Their response is, this is a problem. Thank you, now your ticket is closed.

That’s not support, that’s rank b.s.

4 Likes

Same here, 30 tickets all but three closed. Funny part is the three open ones were fixed, most of the others closed tickets were not, LOL

1 Like

Well Duh… I was able to get into that website without difficulty. Sorry about the confusion.

Now that you’ve demonstrated your superiority, can you tell me what I must do so I don’t have to keep re-logging into the iPhone app?

This is news to you?

I made the observation early in 2015 and later mentioned that SmartThings is clearly not following ITIL practices which require Customer confirmation before closing an incident report…

1 Like

At least you’ve got a response. They closed the ticket I opened for the unusual polling on devices (see thread below) without even saying anything. So then I reopened it and after 22 days, I found it closed again, without them saying a word to me, again. Talking about comical support…

You’ve not been round here long so I’m going to cut you a break but let me help you out with a couple of things:

1. @JDRoberts is one of the most respected people around here who contributes the most to help people like you.

2. If you’ve ever found that people just don’t seem to want to help you throughout your life and you’re not sure why, it’s your attitude. If you want something from someone, don’t attack them first.

Ditch the attitude and hopefully you won’t be the reason why people like JD give up devoting their personal time and effort to help people for free.

7 Likes

I didn’t take it as an attack.

As far as the log in issue for the mobile app, I know some other people have run into that, but that’s all I know. I’d report it to support@smartthings.com and see what they have to say.

Discussion in the following thread. It may be related to widgets, not sure.

2 Likes

I agree when I read that post I didn’t think he was attacking either. I think he was truly bowing to your superiority. As do we all :wink:

3 Likes

I recognize that, and I appreciate that.

If you’ve ever found that people just don’t seem to want to help
you throughout your life and you’re not sure why,

In my more than half a century on this planet I have never found that to be the case, and have never been accused of that until now.

Ditch the attitude

Sorry, I have no, “attitude”. I was ONLY poking fun at MYSELF, no one else. I know that some people can be very serious and sensitive at times. I’m sorry if I have offended you in some way.

reason why people like JD give up devoting their personal time and effort to help people for free.

I agree completely. I have devoted thousands of hours on other sites helping other people in my particular areas of expertise.

In the current state of SmartThings, I have to try and have a sense of humor with some of the issues. Otherwise, I might jump into a volcano.

6 Likes

Not related to widgets - I don’t use them and still had to login a few times already this year.

My guess - based on iOS coding experience and assuming that the app uses the system keychain - is that they are experiencing a system bug where the keychain sometimes (in low memory situations) returns an error and that they are not sufficiently guarding against that bug.

Waaaaaaaay out of line!!!

1 Like

You have to love the message below when I try to logon to see my unanswered tickets.

Login has failed. Double-check your username and password.
If you require assistance please contact support@smartthings.com.

So if I send in another useless email to Dilbert ST Help support, they might reset my logon in 2017?

[quote=“XL5, post:19, topic:34666”]I recognize that, and I appreciate that.

In my more than half a century on this planet I have never found that to be the case, and have never been accused of that until now.

Sorry, I have no, “attitude”. I was ONLY poking fun at MYSELF, no one else. I know that some people can be very serious and sensitive at times. I’m sorry if I have offended you in some way.

I agree completely. I have devoted thousands of hours on other sites helping other people in my particular areas of expertise.

In the current state of SmartThings, I have to try and have a sense of humor with some of the issues. Otherwise, I might jump into a volcano.[/quote]

Then I am mistaken about your intentions and I apologise.

The post came across (to me) as arrogant and demanding, I’ll ferociously defend anyone on this forum or otherwise if I feel they are being attacked but at the same time, I am more than prepared to apologise as I have above if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

@benji, @cdikland, @XL5

You guys do know what this button does, right?

It can be used when misunderstandings happen, just saying…

1 Like

Absolutely but I personally prefer not to delete my mistakes, I’d rather they remain there as an example to myself and if anyone else can get any benefit from it then even better.

1 Like

I thought I did but for some reason it will only allow me to delete my posts :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

LOOOL, drop a line at support@smartthings.no, maybe they can help!

1 Like

tl;dr the website is not broken. “sso.smartthings.com” is not a valid URL to access your account. Try https://ide.smartthings.com.

Closing this thread.