Is my garage door compatible w/ gocontrol? Chamberlain Liftmaster

@ero4444 - Hey man, I checked the wall panel and it is connected with a wire.

Just curious, was this ever resolved? I think I have the same model of garage door opener, and I want to get a Gocontrol device for it. Did that ever work out for you, @ero4444? Thanks.

No its not. Because of the conflicting info I got here I have just been to scared to pull the trigger. Not complaining mind you. I appreciate the help from everyone. Just not being sure I never went ahead with it. Id love to gain this functionality though but havent found another solution.

Buy it! If it doesn’t work, return it.

Yeah I know. We are on a limited budget. We do foster care and have a full house right now so dont have a lot of extra money to do that.

The hack works like a champ. Thanks for the help.

Your Chamberlain is compatible. I just connected Gocontrol to chamberlain 3255. Go to the light compartment and you will find the model. You put the two gocontrol wires in on the red and white slots to the left and leave the ones in there that control your opener on the wall. Then the wall opener and your phone can be used to open it. You will need to create a notification in smartthings to alert you if your door is left open.

I was able to get the GoControl to work with my Chamberlain garage door opener without soldering to the trigger button. I purchased a CAS (Creative Access Solutions) Universal Security+ 2.0 Interface Module and put it inline with the trigger switch and it now works!

Don’t buy the MyQ module whatever you do. They charge you $10 per year to integrate with IFTTT or other services, and the capability is crippled. You can’t even open the door remotely. They don’t disclose this and then they refuse to give a refund. Stay away from anything by Chamberlain (or companies in the same group, LiftMaster, Merlin and Grifco).

1 Like

Thanks to this thread that started my research into replacing my dead Craftsman opener, I was able to get my new Chamberlain GDO working with my Lowe’s GD00Z-1 Iris controller with a small dumb remote door button(883LM). Soldering the remote control was not too bad and I didn’t get to mess with the more expensive to replace wall control panel so I still get temperature and motion detection.

Tested by shorting the soldered in leads to verify that it’ll open/close before continuing with mod. Decided to keep the button remote intact instead of removing board so that I can see the illuminated button on top of my GDO motor. Now I don’t have to worry about having extra MyQ app as I can control everything in ST app and get status updates like in my previous GDO that was pre Security+ 2.0. Also, the button remote solder mod allowed me to use it in parallel to the main wall control panel for motion detected light and temperature. It’s been working fine with no 60 second delay/wait to open and close like a few have reported with their mods. Bonus was WAF saying this belt drive is so quiet compared to old chain drive opener.

thanks for the clear post. It’s odd that there is no delay.

Be aware a few people have posted that their Gocontrol devices go dead in about a year. if that happens to you also then maybe you could post a followup.

Yes, I’ve read some reports of devices going bad in less than a year. Knock on wood, my GD00Z-1 unit has been working fine for almost 1.5yrs with my previous Craftsman GDO. Hopefully, it’ll continue to work for a few more years integrated with this replacement Chamberlain GDO. Glad there were others who took the plunge to solder and provide early feedback for folks like me to mod their units.