I was able to successfully remove each of my GE devices from Iris using the above steps. You should be able to remove it from Iris, but steps 2/3 make sure there are no leftovers.
Once you put the Iris Hub in exclusion mode, turn the switch on/off a few times till iris sees it and resets it. Iris should see it a couple times as removed. Same thing with ST exclusion mode, turn it off/on a few times. it should show the device excluded once. I had to repeat these steps per device, i couldn’t reset multiple switches at same time, i had to do it one at a time.
Sure does. All force delete does is tell the hub to kill it because it probably isn’t around anymore, but the device itself still thinks it is part of zwave network. Until a successful exclude is done by ST it won’t join.
Correct. Depending upon the distance from the hub it could take several seconds. Monitor your hub’s event log and you should see something like “removed device 00” and then the mobile app will say it successfully removed/deleted a device. It will keep searching too, so make sure to stop the exclusion process after you remove that 1 device, otherwise you could potentially remove more devices than you were expecting.
First let me state I am a newbee at using the thread environment…on the Iris hub issue Do I need to exclude these items from that platform prior to trying to connect to ST hub?
I noted you mentioned connecting to the ST in your comment.
On the 2nd process, which I suspect should be handled as a separate process. I have tried to use the exclusion mode and the App hasn’t located anything, I did turn the switch on and off as mentioned in other posts to the tread.
Also, make sure that the hub and switch are close to each other. The incuding and exclusion process works much better when they are in the same room. Then move the hub back to where it will live and do a zwave repair.
I have 11 GE/Jasco outdoor zwave switches and 12 GE/Jasco wall switches, on my SmartThings system. I bought them all at Lowe’s and they had the Iris branding. So they definitely work. Once your sure you have your exclusion completed then look at your distance from the hub as mentioned above. Get a longer ethernet and get real close to the closest one just to see that it connects. Then connect the next closest one to that one working away from the hub.
Oh, and I had all these switches on a Staples Connect hub before I switched to SmartThings.