Iris Smart Water Shutoff Valve?

Just completed my installation of the LeakSmart. The overall install was easy if you know how to solder pipe joints. Once plugged in ST found it with out issue as a valve. The actions to open and close the valve occur with only 3 a second delay.

Integrating with my leak sensors to automatically close the valve if a leak occurs was not so cut and dry (ha ha). From what I can tell there is no smart app to do this action. I thought Dry the Wet Spot would work based on the description but it is designed to turn on a pump not off a valve. To get around this I took the Dry the Wet Spot code and made (3) adaptations and posted as a MyAPP

1. flipped the on command to off
  2. removed the action to turn on when the sensor triggers dry
  3. removed the time out feature

I took this one step further and also wired in a switch to turn off the pump in-case of failure. Again using adapted code from Dry the Wet Spot. Tested and woks great both pump and valve cut the flow with in 5 second of the leak sensor being triggerd.

Because Dry the Wet Spot only had 1 to 1 relationships I had to set up (2) my apps per leak sensor. A little messy, think I might try edit the code to do multi sensor and multi device selection. For now it does what I wanted, turns off the water flow if a leak occurs.

5 Likes