Iris Smart Fob 3450L (2nd generation)

I can’t seem to figure this out as a presence sensor. I used the code from this posting and I see the presence sensor, however it doesn’t seem to detect presence accurately. Almost as if the user has to press the button to indicate presence. Is that the case?

No, that should not be the case. It might not be reporting correctly. Maybe try resetting it and re-adding it. YMMV though. If your ZigBee mesh is not fairly strong, you may see it drop off if you wander too far from the hub or the repeater it’s connected through. Changing the timeout can help with this.

Although ever since my shipment of Iris plugs came, it’s been rock solid.

Where would I change the timeout, in the code itself? Also, would I make the timeout longer or shorter?

The presence timeout can be changed in the settings for the device. Tap on the gear icon on the device’s page within the iOS/Android app to find it.

That’s the way mine is working. Five minutes after the last buttonpress, presence departs, never to return, until the next buttonpress.

My ST presence/arrival sensors are 100% reliable for the past year but I have 5 minute departure delay set.

It sounds like for whatever reason it’s not reporting the battery every 20 s like it’s supposed to. Do you see frequent battery reports in Live Logging? This can happen if it pairs as a “Thing” and you change the device type manually. Is that the case in your situation? A reset/re-pair generally fixes that.

Thanks. I will check it out and update what I find.

Anyone have an issue with the presence never detecting that the fob has left? I’m wondering if the silly thing is even functioning at all. I got it to pair and it the app says it is present even though it is currently 10 miles away… I also added the Button Controller and it does not seem to even register at all when I push any of the buttons. I am brand new to Smartthings so please speak slow and use small words when asking me questions or offering suggestions LOL

Hi Guys; I have used the Aeon labs remotes, but those had the setups in their device type.

I have the Fob installed and working (at least, I see the log entries when I press the buttons), but how do I set this up to trigger a routine or a light or disarm my smart home monitor?

Sorry if it’s obvious, it’s been about a year since I did any dev work on ST, and it’s amazing how fast I forget things.

EDIT: Remembered “Button Controller” which handles some of it. But what about triggering a routine or Arm/disarm?

Button controller should handle all of that. If you are using Smart Alarm I believe there is an option in there where you can set a button press/ button hold to arm/disarm, or you could just have it tied to a routine and use Button Controller. Mine is all set up through Button Controller to run a “Hello Home” which changes the mode thus arming/ disarming Smart Alarm.[quote=“ultralame, post:111, topic:28682, full:true”]
Hi Guys; I have used the Aeon labs remotes, but those had the setups in their device type.

I have the Fob installed and working (at least, I see the log entries when I press the buttons), but how do I set this up to trigger a routine or a light or disarm my smart home monitor?

Sorry if it’s obvious, it’s been about a year since I did any dev work on ST, and it’s amazing how fast I forget things.

EDIT: Remembered “Button Controller” which handles some of it. But what about triggering a routine or Arm/disarm?
[/quote]

I’ve been using the presence for about a week and it has being working with no issue. It detects away in 2 minutes and arrives in about 15 seconds

And now it’s not working…comes and goes multiple times a day and actually has been “away” for 3 days, however I haven’t hit any buttons since then.

1 Like

Anyone knows what the lights on the Smart Fob means? When I press a button it sometime 1) blinks red 3 times with 1 second interval and 2) sometimes blinks red quickly. In the latter case, the button presses are not registered by the SmartThings hub.

The datasheet says the buttons should blink green? Any ideas?

I am trying to get the IRIS v2 keyfob to work and set SHM to either of the three modes - Away, Home, or Night. First of all, i am new to smarthings. I copied Mr Ponds code into the IDE and have the SmartApp on my tablet. I paired the key fob successfully and the log shows my button pushes and which button was pushed. I went thru the SmartApp setup and set three buttons to each of Away , Home and Night.for the fast push and another time for both the fast push and the 3 sec hold. But pushing the three buttons on the fob does not change the mode on SHM. under the fob status , the presence seems to work and said away when the car drove off, but under Things/Fob, it always shows “Departed” even though looking at the list of Things, it shows Present.
I feel i am close… What advice or references does anyone have to help me out.
Thanks

I have done some further fiddling. I installed the smart app “Smart Alarm”. It properly Arms Away, Arms home ( Night) and Disarms. that suggests to me that I have the IRIS 4 button code loaded correctly.

I reinstalled the Smartthings Home Monitor, but still no change in Alarm state when pushing the buttons. ?? you might say - just use Smart Alarm, but I want the option to use the Scout monitoring service. any advice would be appreciated. There must be some SHM option i am not setting correct. thanks

Well I finally figured it out. I had the buttons executing the Away or Night or I’m Home automation’s, but in the setup of those standard automation’s, even though the “Change the mode to” option was set to Night, the “Set Smart Home Monitor to” setting was empty. I changed that to Armed(Home) and now the buttons worked. Hope my stumbling will help some other folks.

2 Likes

I joust bought a smart fob. Is the link at the top of the page the latest? If not, could you post a link to the newest code. Thanks

Thanks Mitch for your great work. I bought 2 of these from Lowes and used as garage remote and presence sensor. The button works well, and the presence works most of time. But last weekend one of my fob had issue for presence. It reported left/arrival every tens minutes in the midnight. I already set the timeout to max 5 min. Any thought on what the problem is?

Below is part of the event logs.
2017-01-16 2:59 AM PST - 1 day ago presence present
2017-01-16 2:51 AM PST - 1 day ago presence not present
2017-01-16 2:41 AM PST - 1 day ago presence present
2017-01-16 2:41 AM PST - 1 day ago presence not present
2017-01-16 2:35 AM PST - 1 day ago presence present
2017-01-16 2:08 AM PST - 1 day ago presence not present
2017-01-16 2:02 AM PST - 1 day ago presence present
2017-01-16 2:01 AM PST - 1 day ago presence not present
2017-01-16 1:53 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 1:53 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present
2017-01-16 1:47 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 1:46 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present
2017-01-16 1:33 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 1:31 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present
2017-01-16 1:23 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 1:17 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present
2017-01-16 1:09 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 12:41 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present
2017-01-16 12:21 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 12:19 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present
2017-01-16 12:13 AM PST - 2 days ago presence present
2017-01-16 12:03 AM PST - 2 days ago presence not present

I cant seem to get this working. I got the device handler added and published. But i get an error when I try to create the smart app. Feel im missing something

I got the Iris fob in smartthings, after using button controller it doesn’t do anything when I push or hold a button.
I had to manually add the fob in ide using the device Id and selecting the device type

1 Like