Iris Smart Button

Sounds good. Thanks for all your work on this and all the other Iris device types!

What are you guys finding the temp is off by? Mine seems a little low but I haven’t placed another stat near it yet to measure.

Finally got the smart button to respond and actually turn off lights. I’m using the Smart Lighting App to turn off a section of room lights at the top of my basement stairs. The only issue is that it toggles the lights from on to off and back on with successive pushes. I only want to turn the lights off - not on if I push it again. I have the Toggle On & Off mode disabled in the Smart Lighting app. Any ideas?

Never mind. Installed and used Rule Machine - works awesome.

Hey guys, is this button still working for you? I am trying to find out why it stopped working here… I see the debug message in the log - “Button 1 pushed” and “Button 1 held”, but nothing happens with my lamp that I used to be able to control. I tried with Rule Machine and with the Button Controller smartapp. Any idea how to debug what is happening? I am trying to toggle a GE z-wave in-wall dimmer that controls a lamp. It was working fine until a few days ago.

I seem to have the regular issue with mine that it takes at least two times to get it working. It almost seems like at the first push I am waking it and then on the second or third push something happens.

1 Like

Mine keeps falling off the mesh and sits near by a minimote that has worked with no interruptions for a year…

1 Like

Just a heads up the minimote is zwave and the smartbutton is ZigBee. It is very possible to have a solid zwave connection and a weak ZigBee connection in the same spot.

Thus is fairly common for sleepy devices like remotes… thought it seams more severe for ZigBee remotes. I have the minimote, smartIT 3 button, Iris smart button and the aeon key fob. I’ve seen this on all of these remotes, just more consistently on the smartIT 3 button and Iris smart button.

Ok, bad example, you’re right. I should’ve said the button sits between several SmartSense devices including a SmartSense outlet about 2 feet away. lol. Good point though about the minimote. The problem is most likely the sleepy zigbee device syndrome, because I don’t use the button that often.

Mine is working fine still.

Are you using it on regular basis, perhaps more than once a day? I think that’s the problem with mine, I use it once in a blue moon, if once a week…

No it’s just a doorbell for me. I couldn’t tell you the last time it was pushed. I just wanted to test it because of the posts having issues.

1 Like

I have one that has fallen off the mesh, I am too lazy to try and fix it.

1 Like

Push vs hold - I have it setup with rule machine, but holding the button seems to initiate a push more often than not. Anyone else have this trouble? I’m thinking this thing needs to go out in the garage for something else. The minimote is so much better. I think I’ll order another minimote.

I’ve programmed the hold and push to have the same function because if this…

1 Like

I bought two of these today and added them into SmartThings with @mitchp’s device type.

I can clearly see when the devices are pushed and held in the live logging in the IDE, but NONE of my smartapps will actually react when I push the buttons.

I have tried Rule Machine, The Button Controller app, as well as Smart Lighting.

My goal is to use one for “All Off” when we go to bed.

Help?

Do you happen to know which branch you got this from on Github? The one in master should have been OK, but I introduced a bug in the development branch (iris-smart-button). I just pushed a new version that has this issue fixed. It’s in master as well as iris-smart-button.

Plus, this might help with press vs. hold issues. I haven’t tested it long enough to be sure, but it seems better!

2 Likes

That was it. :slight_smile: Thanks! I had the wrong branch of the device type.

Now my buttons actually work… Time to get the “All Off” function working.

So how many of you find that these dont last long? I have had two of them in 24 hours and both went from a light push to activate to where I feel like I have to SMASH it into the wall to activate.

I have one that has been great for a couple months now. The open/close and motions well those give me issues sometimes