Iris Orbit Hose Faucet Timer

You add the valve / device to webcore for use (In ST mobile app, within webcore)

In webcore web interface, do an action and select the orbit device, and select the command runfor(…)

save that command

come back to edit that line, and select “parameters”, and add an integer parameter for the amount of time to runfor

1 Like

2018-07-05_205123
That’s what i have. doesn’t look like its running for 60 min…:slight_smile:

How do I switch the dth to a smart power dth? I set it to the SmartPower Outlet and the SmartPower Outlet V1. Neither controlled the device.

Was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Less than 10 minutes to add device handler, pair to my hub, and screw onto the spigot. Couldn’t be happier.

Is there anyway to set a schedule based on the day of the week and a duration outside of webcore- from the iOS app possibly? I really don’t wanna invest time in webcore for selfish reasons.

Thank you for your response!

I expect you could use smart lighting built in app. I believe this device also shows up a a switch. That said only using on/off would get you 10 minute runs as the orbit auto turns off.

If you need longer, either you would adjust smart lighting, or have to use something like webcore that lets you call the runfor(mins).

Eric,

Thanks for the dth. I’m thinking about getting one of these, but using it for a slightly different purpose. If you or anyone that has experience, let me know if you think this would work.

I have drip watering set up for several different zones (7 total). I already have timers set up for each zone and I really don’t want to invest for 7 of these. My thought was to install one before the timers and just use it to shut off the water on rainy days.

It appears that you can only turn on and set run time.

Maybe use webCore to turn it on for non-rainy days at a time before the timer will turn on and run for XX minutes where XX allows for the timer to start and finish.

Is there a limit for the runfor(mins) setting?

Thoughts?

I have it coded that runfor() is limited to 240 mins.

You could change this in the code if you needed to.

1 Like

I have the seven zones each one runs for 2-20 minutes. So, the maximum that I would need is 140.

From your experience with this device. This sounds like a reasonable use?

One last question. Is there a way to shut it off once started?

sure, it should work as you describe.

You can turn off if runfor() is active by just sending close() or off(). It will end the runfor()

1 Like

Thanks for this. I need to find a button that my dog can push to turn on the sprinkler when it’s play time.

1 Like

I am quite surprised about the amount of hate for this device.

Using the DTH from the thread linked, it’s been perfect.

It’s been so reliable, I don’t need to worry about anything except replacing the batteries.

1 Like

Update: l lost control of both valves recently but was able to get them back by turning off and on insecure rejoin of zigbee. But since then the battery status always showed 0. Although on the device, battery is like 80%. Anyone knows why?

This device works great with custom DH. I always forgot about the battery when using almost identical non zwave orbit valve timer. Now I can see battery status and set up notification if battery low or even mechanical failure. And price is even lower than non smart timer.

Update: l lost control of both valves recently but was able to get them back by turning off and on insecure rejoin of zigbee. But since then the battery status always showed 0. Although on the device, battery is like 80%. Anyone knows why?

The device handler works great for me for about an hour, then it just goes unresponsive until I repair it. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers

I can get my Orbit Hose Time to work perfectly, except for the Current Time update.

However, it only works perfectly for only 1 hour.

Has anyone have a solution for this ?

My guess is some platform change in zigbee in last month or so has broken something.

My devices are put away for winter, so I don’t have ability to look at this myself now.

Perhaps someone from SmartThings staff can comment on what may be broken with zigbee.

Hi Rick, I gave up and ended up throwing mine away. Before I did I tried turning off all other devices to ensure that the valve was pairing directly to the hub, installing a poling app to give the device a command (battery status) every 10 min and tried every DH I could find. None of this made any difference.

In the process of building one myself using a motorized ball valve and zigbee power point, less to go wrong!

Cheers

Hi Eric

Thanks for making code for this. With Iris shutting down I am trying to migrate my orbit hose timer to ST.

Found your code, device paired and selected your code.

Shows as a switch, on opening cannot get status or get to open/close. When I hit valve I get “A network or server error occurred. try again later”…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Scott

If you discovered the device using the “new” app and then switched the device type then you will usually have to force close the new app and clear its cache. With that said it won’t work on the new app yet. I was planning on taking a stab at it in the next coming weeks to at least have the basic valve meta data added.

I just paired mine a couple days ago with no issues to a v3 hub. I had it paired to a old v2 hub before. Did a factory reset, pulled the batteries, plugged them back in, and discovered without issues.