[OBSOLETE] Iris Motion Sensor (2nd gen, 3326-L)

Batteries tend to have levels they report at rather than each percentage point in drop. You may see 77 for weeks…

Some of these devices report in 1/9ths of battery life (I’m assuming it’s the device and not SmartThings). 77% is 7/9 (it should round to 78%, but it doesn’t).

My oldest of these sensors is just 6 weeks old and BatteryMonitor shows it is at 77% also. All my others report 88%. It’s too short a period to really tell how long the (single CR2) battery will last.

On a different note, one of my 6 Iris Motion Sensors just failed – it was reporting motion constantly. It was still updating the temperature, but it was stuck on motion for 3 days. I’m exchanging it tomorrow.

Coming back for some advice on the difference between: http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&productId=1000008670&cId=detail
and
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&productId=999925310&cId=detail ?

Is the second one just the newest version? I ask because I need to get a bunch to integrate so if I can save any $$ I would like to but I don’t want to sacrifice features since I am currently using the v2 without any issues (well none after John helped me out :wink:.

Also, anyone have any experience with the door/open/closed sensors? Same question here, what is the difference between:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&productId=1000008682&cId=detail

and

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&productId=999925302&cId=detail

-Christy

The second link of both sensors is the one that works with ST. :slight_smile:

No saving money huh? :wink:

Thanks for the quick response!

-Christy

Check the deals thread if your lucky they can be has cheap. $23.99 and $11.88.

Or less with the coupons and ebates.

1 Like

@johnconstantelo I’m a bit confused. If I want it to run locally, can I keep it Iris or do I need to switch to Smartsense motion/temp sensor?

Have to use the Smartsense DTH for local last time I checked. But things could have changed.

@Expose, all of my Iris motion sensors are using the “SmartSense Motion Sensor”, and they are running locally.

In fact…

We’re experiencing a total Century Link outage in my neighborhood right this moment, and I’m quite pleased to say all my smartlighting automations are working just fine that are designed to run locally, including my sunset ones.

1 Like

Just picked up my first motion sensor and got this iris v2 sensor, it paired with ease. I’m using it to control two hue white bulbs in in my stairs and atop the stairs. It seems to be working quite well with the stuff I setup in the smart lighting app.

1 Like

Check out the smartapp rule machine… (do a quick search)

I have it already :slight_smile: the smart light app does what I want, if it starts failing I’ll switch the rule to rule machine.

1 Like

Looks like the device type added automatically as SmartSense Motion Sensor and it is instant for turning on hue white lights. I’m very impressed with the responsiveness so far.

Can I adjust the sensitivity of one of these. I have one installed in hallway and it sees just a little too far.

My understanding is no. There are other manufacturers that have that but not in these.

Installed and paired the Iris Motion sensor…strange thing is, it will report motion to the hub when its first detected in the morning, and even though it shows motion detected for the next hour, the hub does not update after the first motion report. Is there a setting that I’m missing?

Try this. Pop out the battery fit a few seconds, then put it back in.

Also try pressing the button on the side a couple of times.

It should reset to “no motion” after a short period of time (15-30 sec? Don’t recall…) You might want to try resetting and re-pairing to see if that helps. If not (and barring any current platform issues), you may have a defective sensor.

1 Like

Anyone having issues with these not reporting temps regularly? I just checked my graphs and noticed it’s been DAYS since either of mine reported temp. I hit refresh and they updated immediately. They are using the ST handler. I could put Pollster or CoRE on the job but the ST sensors I have seem to be working fine.