[OBSOLETE] Iris Motion Sensor (2nd gen, 3326-L)

I would love to know how to reduce the sensitivity as well, my cat keeps tripping the garage light every time she moves about. She is up on the fridge, hot water tank, work bench, car…

Maybe this is just the wrong place for a motion sensor :slightly_smiling:
Rick

You can get other ones. I have an Enerwave ceiling mounted motion sensor. The sensitivity can be set really well. On it’s lowest setting it stops picking up things about 3 feet above the floor.

Can someone confirm the following?

1. If the IRIS 2nd gen motion is paired with out the special device type it will pair as a THING?

2. Once Paired as a THING I change the device type to Smart Sence Motion and all will work?

3. Will it be run on the V2 hub locally?

Yup.

EDIT: It does pair correctly as a SmartSense Motion Sensor based on feedback from others in the Community.

Yup.

EDIT: It does pair correctly as a SmartSense Motion Sensor based on feedback from others in the Community.

Yup.

If you don’t install the custom devicetype then you won’t be able to get automatic temperature monitoring (though, you may be able to run the ‘configure’ command once you assign the Smart Sense Motion/Temp devicetype to fix this).

What do you mean by that? All mine report temperature at least every hour at a minimum. Also, look at ST’s default device handler. It’s been updated to identify the Iris device:

fingerprint inClusters: “0000,0001,0003,0402,0500,0020,0B05”, outClusters: “0019”, manufacturer: “CentraLite”, model: “3326-L”, deviceJoinName: “Iris Motion Sensor”

I didn’t realize that got pushed already. Then yes, now you don’t need any custom devicetype or anything.

When I got them when they first came out I paired them as a ‘Thing’ and then changed the devicetype but when I did this I only got temp reporting when I hit refresh. Once I got @mitchp’s devicetype and re-paired them the temp started automatically reporting.

If you would stayed with ST’s device handler after you changed to it, and then re-paired the device, it should have started working as expected. It’s the re-pairing process that forces it to work.

That is good news, I can get the next motion sensor to run local and then two things for the alarm. A second Aeon Siren and another leak detector. I like the Everspring as it is mounted up high and if the probe gets wet who cares, but the ST version is not waterproof, so it seems to be a one time use then throw it out. So my game plan is to by an ST unit then attach leads to the two bottom probes and a leak sensor at the end available on Amazon for a few bucks. I will see if I can crimp it on if not I will solder it on so it will be above water damage level. Then at least the water detector will run local. Items such as leak detectors should run local as you can’t depend on the internet. If I could figure out how to install a cellular modem to my setup I would do so to bypass the problem of sending sms alerts as they use the web.

1 Like

If you’re going to go that route, couldn’t you use a contact sensor that 1) has a dry contact connector, and 2) runs locally? Then you could hook the leak sensor to the dry contact connections. Seems a little cleaner than messing with the ST leak sensor, maybe.

@chickwebb,

I did what you stated using Ecolink sensors for many things, but I had to develop my own device handlers to add capabilities to that so they’d be recognized as the device I wanted them to be within Routines and other SmartApps looking for specific capabilities. In my cases, door lock monitors just to name one. Since I used my own DH, it no longer runs locally. @joelw135’s use case is to run locally as much as possible, if not everything. Using an ST sensor and standard DH in his use case, it would run local.

Here is what I am talking about: Water sensor

Now with the SHM or SA there is a separate section for leak detectors so that is my goal to determine what is leaking rather than a general alarm. As it is now when water is detected it sets off the Siren, I would prefer a different sound for the water over intrusion alarm.

@mitchp, can this device be modified to report temperature with a 0.1F change? I am using it for temperature control and it is not reporting frequently enough.

Yes, it can. I modified the choice for the iris contact sensor to report five places right of the decimal.

@bamarayne, can you tell me what I have to modify, or share the modified code?

Ok, no problem. I just went and looked at it. I’m not using @mitchp code. I think it was the stock st code I modified.

Either way, I’ll post I in a minute. I have to get on my computer.

1 Like

Ugh… I’m using the code for the open/close sensors, not the motion sensors…

Let me figure out what I changed and it’s probably the same in the motion sensor code.

I have the IRIS Open/Close sensors in some of the bedrooms too, so that code will also help.

I would love to do this with the temp, but I also want all my alram stuff to run local. I am even going to figure out how to dial out on cellular if I loose Internet.

1 Like

@bamarayne, I am using the IRIS Open/Close sensors in the bedrooms, so the modified device code for reporting more frequently will be very helpful to me.