[OBSOLETE] Iris Motion Sensor (2nd gen, 3326-L)

I just got around to replacing the battery in a problem sensor, taking notes this time, and it died after 6 days. I read up on a few of the recent threads, including one about updating Iris device firmware via Iris hub, which prompted me to check my sensors’ firmware in the ST IDE.

I have 5 sensors, all purchased within a 1-2 month period (when Lowes had them on clearance last fall). One of them eats batteries. All are running the same firmware, 0x1C005310. However, 4 of them have “N/A” for “last updated”, presumably meaning it shipped with this firmware. The problem sensor says it was last updated 9/5/18 (same day it was added to the hub).

I think I’ve seen the suggestion before that the battery problem is linked to firmware, but my interpretation of this data point is that the problem isn’t the firmware release, but either ST’s copy of that firmware or their update process. I don’t think I’ve previously seen the blame placed there, so I wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone who has both good and bad sensors finds the same thing.

Edited to add: even if this could be confirmed as the cause, I can’t imagine anything could/would be done to recover those sensors - it’s not likely that Iris is releasing new firmware (RIP). Since the bad sensors already have the target version, would it even be possible to overwrite it with a new “good” version? And if it was, would ST bother to devote resources to supporting an obsolete device? @tpmanley, would you care to comment on the technical side?