[OBSOLETE] Iris Motion Sensor (2nd gen, 3326-L)

@KingStrava I’ve had 2 go dead like that, which I ended up returning and exchanging. Since then, I found the following reset instructions that may help. Give this a try, and then add it back to your hub to see if that does the trick:

Step 1: Remove the battery and wait ten seconds

Step 2: Press and hold the reset button while reinserting the battery. Hold for an additional two seconds and release.
Note: The reset button is a small white button located on the side of the motion sensor.

If that doesn’t work, I would exchange it for a new one.

@xavier999, A few of mine are in that range fresh out of the box. I’m not surprised either. I bet the batteries aren’t the greatest.

As for how it changes, I’m pretty sure they report in a similar way that the ST sensors do, and that’s in a range vs incremental 1% changes. In other words, 88%-100%, then 75%-87%, etc, etc. There’s a discussion about battery ranges and how that works somewhere in the community. If I can find it I’ll provide a link.

1 Like

Ah, thanks, that clears things up a bit.

thanks so much for this device type.
I just started with it this past week. so I don’t have a lot to go on yet, but so far, it seems to be working just fine. :smile:

I see the code but no instructions…am I missing them in the thread or the github post?

@cvastola This discussion was broken off from another thread because it was getting huge.

You can use Mitch’s code and then switch back to ST’s default so the device runs local to the hub, or you can follow my instructions to pair the device as is and then switch to ST’s default.

1 Like

Thanks! I figured out how to add the device by reading the code…is there any benefit to using your steps over the code Mitch provided?

When you add the device it will use Mitch’s code right off the bat without any problems, and then you can switch over to ST’s if you want to keep device usage local on the hub.

If you opt to not create a device type with Mitch’s code, ST will add the sensor as a Thing, and then you’ll need to follow my instructions. Without a doubt following the instructions is the long way of doing it compared to Mitch’s. I’ve probably used Mitch’s code for most of mine because it was just faster.

So I tried to delete the code that I added because when I added it everything went fine but the lighting automation I set up wasn’t working…it was as if the motion wasn’t being detected. But I still see the device in my device types even though I have deleted it and when I click on it I get an access denied message…I am going to try and re-add it but I wonder what I am doing wrong…I just added the device type, it recognized the device as a motion sensor but no motion was detected. Weird…

Something is up/wrong with the IDE since yesterday I think. I get the same message trying to delete one of my device types. I’ve submitted a support ticket, but I have yet to get a reply.

Sometimes this has happened to me, and I had to reset and add it back. In just a couple situations I actually had a bad sensor. Try the rest process for the motion sensor:

Step 1: Remove the battery and wait ten seconds

Step 2: Press and hold the reset button while reinserting the battery. Hold for an additional two seconds and release.
Note: The reset button is a small white button located on the side of the motion sensor.

Step 3: Readd the device to the hub.

http://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/541/Iris-Motion-Sensor

Do you think that is impacting my device from sensing motion? I wouldn’t think so, right?

Ha! You were quick on the reply. I shouldn’t, but…

Just make sure your device type in the IDE is there and working.

I am sitting at my machine…thanks for replying so quickly yourself! :slight_smile:

So I got it working…didn’t expect that the red light would flash all the time…is that normal?

No worries! Family is out shopping, so I’m getting my fix with ST before they get home.

You should see a green light flash when there’s motion. I don’t recall what red flashing means. Are you getting motion events in the app?

Flashing red when there is no motion and runs through a bunch of colors when there is motion detected…I have two automations set up and both are working and being noted in the logs. Maybe I bought the colorful version? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, maybe the 70’s disco version?

That’s really odd, and I bet your battery won’t last too long. I wonder if it’s stuck in some find of test mode or something. I’ve not seen that before.

I’d at least try a factory reset and reinclude the device - look at step 11 in the instructions link I provided above. You don’t need to delete the device in ST because of the way zigbee device ID’s are managed compared to zwave, and that’s good because you don’t have to go back and rebuild or reconfigure any SmartApps.

1 Like

Ok I will do that and then moving on to the open/closed sensors for my MyQ to refresh quicker! Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

It worked…green when there is motion and nothing when there is no motion! I love this community!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure these to not flash the green light when motion is detected?

2 Likes

Is there a way to report the battery on these, such that SmartTiles can see it as a capability and output that? I see it in the iOS app…but not able to be chosen in SmartTiles setup. Or perhaps thats a question for @tgauchat for something on their side…just curious.