Iris Garage, ST Hub and Alexa

Yes, as soon as I tap on “things”

Okay, so the switches show though that they are on. so they should say to switch off in order to complete the task, right

Ok, so now you need to create the 2 Routines I specified in SmartThings.

Routine 1 - Name it "Garage Open - Alexa"
Turn off Switch GD 2 Open
Open Garage Door

Then in Additional Settings when something turns on or off “GD Open 2” turns on

Routine 2 - Name it "Garage Close - Alexa"
Turn off Switch GD 2 Close
Close Garage Door

Then in Additional Settings when something turns on or off “GD Close 2” turns on

1 Like

After you have done the above:

Make sure both switches are Off (manually turn them off)

Then manually select the GD Open switch so that it turns on - Routine 1 will fire when GD Open turned on. The routine will Open the Garage and immediately turn the switch back to Off.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Any thing to help me with getting the other individuals attached to my hub. I was not able to respond anymore last night as i exceeded my number of messages allowed

Now if you can help me with one other thing, that would be great.
I did everything that was given to me above, but for some reason, the samsung account online is signing in witha different email than what is actually on the sign in page. In other words, we are entering an email to sign in with, along with its password, but when signed in and reviewing the account, it shows a different email. I believe this is why the smartthings app is not connecting properly when he signs in. I cannot find a fix for this.

I am using Alexa to control the garage door. No one can yell from outside my home to activate Echo unless I have the windows or door open already. LOL.
The only issue is I need to say “Turn on/off the garage door” to operate it by voice.

And you had to install a custom device handler so it shows up as a switch.

I have been using the exact garage door opener with ST hub and Alexa for almost a year. The IDE is “gouldner : RG Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener”. It shows up as garage door opener. There is no problem at all except for the strange voice command.