Iris 2nd gen components

Just to carch people up the speed I am starting to notice 2nd generation Iris sensor’s hitting eBay on the cheap. I just ordered 10 second generation Iris motion sensors for $60 with free shipping. If you’re in the market for these sensors and good used working condition now might be a good time to start prowling eBay.

While I will still be picking up several of the Zooz 4 in 1 sensors these Iris sensors will work great for the areas that I do not need the humidity detection.

2 Likes

If it’s the same seller I bought from a month ago, they didn’t come in packaging, but still had the battery tabs in and looked brand new. Kept 5 and sold the other 5 to break even.

1 Like

I don’t think so this seller says they are work like new used units with no batteries which is fine I had stocked up on the CR2 batteries…

Mine said that too, but came as above. Seller alex_sari

1 Like

He is no longer selling them with batteries :smile: Got mine 2 weeks ago…

1 Like

Be sure to grab at least one set of 5 outlets, they go well with your new sensors (from the same seller).

I guess we’ll see how this second set of motion sensors comes then!

2 Likes

I wish people would stop buying the contact sensors for $99, so he can lower the price on those sets too :smile:

2 Likes

Fortunately or unfortunately I do not need the smart plugs anymore since I got the ikea ones about a month ago. I would have preferred if they were the same money to have the Iris ones

I’m going to consider it if they come with batteries a huge bonus

Still a great price without batteries. $300.00 new for $60.00 plus another $20.00 for batteries.

2 Likes

And it’s gotta be said … the Iris 2nd Gen motion and contact sensors really can’t be beat for responsiveness and reliability. Nice small form factor too.

I loaded up when Lowes had a sale a long time ago - bought more than I needed at the time so I’m still sitting on some excess stock but I’m hanging on to them as I’m sure I’ll find a need at some point.

If you see these cheap - run, don’t walk to get them.

4 Likes

One month before they announced the shutdown of Iris I had just replaced the CR2 batteries in my 1st Gen. Contact sensors when I remove them I pulled the batteries so I have plenty of CR2s.

I have sweetly agree on the quality of the 2nd generation Iris sensor’s. I know there were a lot of problems with the hub most notably with the firmware when it was initially released but the sensor’s have Been a good match with smart things very fast very accurate. And yes a fantastic form factor.

I do not want to use the ADT dual branded motion detectors as they require I hurry test my alarm system every single time I add 1 which is extremely annoying.

2 Likes

Another great match for these sensors is the mount @bamarayne designed.

1 Like

3m mounting tape is fine for mounting the sensors…

1 Like

He does accept lower offers than his asking price, usually. I bought 10 motion and 10 contact sensors from him. All had batteries and pull tabs. The contact sensors did NIT have the magnets (nor did he promise them)

All seem to work fine.

2 Likes

Until you want them at a better angle and then need to change the batteries.

Fair enough… Although I haven’t found changing the batteries on them mounted to the wall problematic at all.

2 Likes

My biggest issue was always trying to get them back in the exact spot I had them before. Many of mine are set up so that I have detection zones. I cover parts of the sensor and once moved it is a real pain to get them reset.

I have yet to have to remove the sensor to replace the battery. Just slide the cover off and pop the battery out with your thumbnail. I guess if your mounting location is more difficult that can be a problem.

2 Likes