Iphone presence not working unless Smart-Things app left open all the time

15.3 was already released before you posted.

Released, but it becomes available to individual users at different times. It was only available to me about 15 minutes ago.

Thankyou I will update

1 Like

Installed IOS update on phones for myself and wife. Both left this morning all was good, automations worked, not present worked, locks locked, Arlo cameras armed, wow I’ve been healed. BUT WAIT! I returned an hour later; cameras did not turn off and cannot turn them off with Smartthings app. Getting a “trying to connect to network message”, never seen before. Only way to thurn them off is thru Arlo app. Both Presence sensors are showing present even though my wife is NOT present. What the heck! Worse than it was before the fix. At least I knew how to make the stupid thing work. I’m pretty close to bailing on this nonsense. Life is too short!

1 Like

My issues have been resolved when I updated to iOS 15.3 last night. Came and went from my house a handful of times today and everything reported correctly.

2 Likes

I’m afraid to upgrade the ST app…has anyone upgraded and tested presence?

1 Like

I did the Smartthings update this morning. Presence is still working 100%. Since the iOS 15.3 update presence has been spot on.

3 Likes

All seems good with IOS 15.3 and the latest update …I even went back to safari as my default browser all working good for both me and wifey.

2 Likes

Agree, 15.3 seems to have resolved the presence issue! Firing perfectly on 2 phones.

2 Likes

15.3 here and I still had the issue this morning although it had been mostly fine for me of late.

I am seeing issues with presence changes not always triggering in the Nest app too. I do think it’s an iOS change that has caused this.

15.3 fixed it for me. 15.3.1 was just sent out so ill test that as well once my wife and I leave.

1 Like

This solution does not work for me. iOS 15 latest SmartThings app. My wife’s phone work s 100 % of the time, mine less than 5%. We typically leave the house together as we carpool to work. Location zones are slightly different. But if I leave by myself and my wife is home, location presence triggers 100% of the time. ??? I will reset my location zone to be larger and see if there is any difference.

My wife and I both have iPhones, she switched in early April from an Android phone which could not work if wifi was on. It has been a pleasure having presence work since the day she got rid of her Android.

Log in to your Samsung account and delete any old phones, that was the golden ticket for me, since then not one missed mode change.

I will try to find the thread that I used.

Is everything the same from the point of view of the phone? Same position in the same car and the same route away from your Location?

and under devices delete any old phones.

Yes. I am always the driver when we travel together. Routes vary.

So I changed the distance from the house to trigger my presence. It’s now larger than the wife’s. Made no difference.

can you post screenshots of an Routines being used? (of course… black out any info you do not wish to be seen)

I checked the IDE. My phone was type “placeholder”. Changed to “mobile device”, same as my wife’s phone. Will see if that cures my issues in the morning. If not I’ll post routines.
Thanks all.

The mobile device type is no longer used. The Placeholder is assigned to represent the new schema on the platform.

But the wife’s phone (mobile device) works 100% of the time.

Here is a routine.