Iphone presence not working unless Smart-Things app left open all the time

Didn’t work for me…but thanks for trying!

2 Likes

From the facebook group - user Jeff Gallagher suggested the following - in desparation, I gave it a try - and - IT WORKS.

Change your default browser to MS edge (something else like chrome might work too but we know edge does).

Uninstall the ST app.

REINSTALL the ST. app.

We believe the culprit keeping presence from working is that darn popup … you open it in the safari browser and agree - but have to do it again every day or so - and if you don’t - presence won’t work.

Going to MS edge as the default browser fixed this for several of us - I have both IOS 14.8 on my phone and wife has IOS 15.2.1. My problems started with the latest ST APP update. With that popup. Now, presence has worked solidly for last 4 days zero issues. FWIW.

1 Like

For the record my default browser has always been Chrome and I am not sure what pop up you are referring to but I was not getting it and presence hadn’t been working until I upgraded to iOS 15.3 public beta. Since the upgrade it has been flawless while on my other device on iOS 15.2.1 presence is still an issue. Here’s hoping the app upgrade today has indeed fixed the constant prompt to log in that has also been quite annoying and has been promise to have been fixed. We’ll see…

2 Likes

15.3 was just released. Does that fix 5he geolocation issues?

So far so good for me on 15.3.

1 Like

IOS 15.2.1
Geo location is still not working

We will be waiting for the 15.3 update

1 Like

15.3 was already released before you posted.

Released, but it becomes available to individual users at different times. It was only available to me about 15 minutes ago.

Thankyou I will update

1 Like

I’m going in at out of my house most of the day today.
I’m going to test whether the 15.3 will fix the issue with my SmartThings app closed.
Will report later.

2 Likes

Installed IOS update on phones for myself and wife. Both left this morning all was good, automations worked, not present worked, locks locked, Arlo cameras armed, wow I’ve been healed. BUT WAIT! I returned an hour later; cameras did not turn off and cannot turn them off with Smartthings app. Getting a “trying to connect to network message”, never seen before. Only way to thurn them off is thru Arlo app. Both Presence sensors are showing present even though my wife is NOT present. What the heck! Worse than it was before the fix. At least I knew how to make the stupid thing work. I’m pretty close to bailing on this nonsense. Life is too short!

1 Like

My issues have been resolved when I updated to iOS 15.3 last night. Came and went from my house a handful of times today and everything reported correctly.

2 Likes

Seems ok after a couple of days going in and out of my house. App was closed as well. Here’s hoping it carry’s on

2 Likes

I’m afraid to upgrade the ST app…has anyone upgraded and tested presence?

1 Like

I did the Smartthings update this morning. Presence is still working 100%. Since the iOS 15.3 update presence has been spot on.

3 Likes

All seems good with IOS 15.3 and the latest update …I even went back to safari as my default browser all working good for both me and wifey.

2 Likes

Agree, 15.3 seems to have resolved the presence issue! Firing perfectly on 2 phones.

2 Likes

15.3 here and I still had the issue this morning although it had been mostly fine for me of late.

I am seeing issues with presence changes not always triggering in the Nest app too. I do think it’s an iOS change that has caused this.

15.3 fixed it for me. 15.3.1 was just sent out so ill test that as well once my wife and I leave.

1 Like

This solution does not work for me. iOS 15 latest SmartThings app. My wife’s phone work s 100 % of the time, mine less than 5%. We typically leave the house together as we carpool to work. Location zones are slightly different. But if I leave by myself and my wife is home, location presence triggers 100% of the time. ??? I will reset my location zone to be larger and see if there is any difference.