Ip cam old cell

(Philippe Gilbert) #1

sorry for my bad English. I want to know how to integrate an old cell as ip camera. I saw 2014 post view are but it still functional? Please help me

Philippe

(Different Computers. So happy with Indigo.) #2

there are a variety of choices for this on the iOS App store. I have used a couple of them with SmartTiles video but I’m unaware of any that allow full integration into SmartThings. I tried the generic MJPEG camera device type and it didn’t work.

I recommend “IP Camera High End Network Camera” and specifically DO NOT recommend “IP Cam” from Senstic. The latter crashes every 12 hours approximately.

(Philippe Gilbert) #3

OK thanks! Have you an example? I have a samsung s4 as old cell and I had to install the IP cam but it does not work. Just give me a track to be followed if possible. My English is bad that not help me but I want to try.

(Greg) #4

Just downloaded this. What link did you use for smarttiles? Straight IP address doesn’t seem to be working.

(Different Computers. So happy with Indigo.) #5

In a browser, go to the ip address. Here, you can set image preferences. On the image that you see on that page, control/right click and “Open image in new tab”

The new tab will have the correct address. it’s probably something like http://192.168.0.34/live

(Philippe Gilbert) #6

it seems that the app is only for apple. I’m android

(Different Computers. So happy with Indigo.) #7

Then how did you download it?

(Philippe Gilbert) #8

I managed with IP WEBCAM. We had to add video after the ip address. Thank you very much. Now that he is in smartiles how to integrate in smartthings?

(Different Computers. So happy with Indigo.) #9

I was unable to do so, but now we’re talking about different platforms and I never used a program called “IP Webcam.”

(Philippe Gilbert) #10

ok thank you :slightly_smiling: