lol… So I’ve been logging my ST sensor data for about 2.5 years now using IFTTT triggers. My most recent estimate is around 700,000 distinct events saved and time-stamped. I’ll be digging into it in another 6 months once we hit the 3 year mark… I’m both excited and afraid to start answering questions like:
- How regularly do I acutally wake up?
- How often do my wife and I acutally have intimate time?
- What are the cats doing late at night?
- Is there a correlation between burn-out at work and bedtime?
- How often do I poop?
- Can I predict X based on Y?
- How do weekdays compare to weekends? How about holidays?
Yeah, go ahead and laugh… But look… I’m reasonably sure this data is already stored and analyzed by for-profit companies looking to make a buck. I’ll just be looking at it for self-edification purposes. And, y’know… Academic interest. Can I convince anyone else to log and volunteer their data for science?
[And that’s only half-joking… I’m an academic scientist whose research expertise is on human collective motion… Here’s my TED talk on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvaiiXIySc … Bottom line, my familly and I volunteered to be research subjects. Others are welcome!]