iOS Motion Activity to be used as Motion Sensor

Hey there,

It would be fantastic if the Smart Things app requested to use my iPhone’s motion activity in order to use the data as a motion sensor. I’d like to be able to trigger a “Goodnight” hello home action when my phone stops moving after xpm. and a “Good morning” hello home action when it starts moving again in the morning.

Thanks
Krs1

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, and android supports similar functionality. @slagle, I know ther is a lot of stuff the iOS and android teams are working on, but this could lead to some fun automations :smile:

1 Like

I would love to see this as well. It would be nice to be able to turn on the heat when it starts to sense movement in the morning. There’s a million possibilities for this.

This is a great idea. I wonder how hard it would be to create a separate app for this that hooks into ST.

Yes, this is what I’ve been hoping for, especially with “Good Morning”, sure I have it set up to run on certain days of the week, but it can be annoying when stuff happens and it’s actually a holiday and I’m still in bed.

I don’t frequent the forums here. Do the official devs ever comment on implementing feature requests?

Yep! I’ve seen quite a bit of activity from several SmartThings staff.

Any developers able to comment on how complex this would be?