iOS app logging out consistently

Is there any update? Its been over a year and a half since the first report and its still happening!

I just got into smartthings, I am on Android but my roommate is on iOS and without the logins keeping on the iOS, it makes the presence detector useless since ST wont detect presence changes for my Roommate unless they log back in every day or so.

Also, I suggest changing the way the app logs in. Why does it have to open an in-app browser to authenticate? This makes it impossible to login on my fire tablet since the default browser is the amazon silk browser and you cannot change default browsers on that thing. Requiring a certain browser installed on your mobile device to just log into your account in the app is a terrible idea. I even installed the Play Store on it to install Chrome without any luck. The whole login process is a good place to start with this whole logout issue.

Happened again today. I setup a new device and about 3 hours later i clicked on the smartthings app and I had to log back in.

I sent the team all of my log files as promised Brad_ST.

It doesn’t make it any less frustrating but the logout issues from January 2016 are unrelated to the recent logouts.

The in-app browser is related to Samsung accounts. That is good feedback though and I will make sure it gets passed along.

Please make sure you have updated to 2.4.1 which was released today. This release includes additional logging which should help us track down the issue as quick as we can.

And definitely keep sending those logs!

Thanks for the quick update and your continual work on this issue.

Regarding the Silk browser issue, can you add amazon’s silk browser to the whitelist of browsers that can log in? I would really love to be able to use that cheapo $50 tablet as an always on control for ST.

I am a bit afraid to say this but
after the last app update on iOS, not the 2.4.1 from yesterday, we haven’t been logged out once. I have even rebooted my phone and force closed the app and I have still been logged in. Only on 12 hours or so with the new update, but thus far, my logout issues have gone away since the previous update. I hope they are gone for good. Please evil logout monster, if you are reading this somehow, don’t come back for me. I don’t miss you.

2 Likes

Happy to report that I haven’t been logged out since the last update. Let me go find some wood to knock now

@Brad_ST - Please extend my appreciation to the dev team for looking into the issue.

4 Likes

Unhappy to report that I still experience logouts - not often but still. Reported this and sent logs.

Is this still an issue?

The root cause was addressed. If you’re still experiencing this, please contact support for help.

1 Like

Hello, I’m now having this problem , most recent version of ios on iPhone 6splus and a fresh reinstall of smartthings.

Seems to only recognize me if I login while on WiFi. If I disconnect from WiFi the app crashes and forces me to login on reload only to ask me to setup a hub
 then I go back to WiFi and login and I’m back in business .

Please help I reply heavily on my home automation. Other phones with different ios versions (older) are not having this issue 
 either way if I login remotely it shouldn’t be asking me to setup a new hub when one is already registered with my account right?

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

it’s back to logging out for me. Nnooooooo

Are you using the new touch ID feature? There is an issue that should be fixed in a future release where users are logged out when backgrounding the app while the touch ID is running.

No. I tried it when it first released but it was logging me out if it didn’t read correctly so I turned it off.
I have been logged out with Touch ID disabled recently.

I’ve been using the “new” ST iPhone app since moving into a new Lennar “smart home” last December, diving head first into the world of home-automation. The logging out of the phone app has reached critical mass and my wife now insists we made a bad decision “getting into all of this”.

It started off with only the occasional log-out, but now it has become constant, with multiple log-outs a day on both our devices.

Our other smart-home devices (Amazon, Ring, Kevo, myQ, Sonos, Honeywell, Lutron, Leviton, Phillips) do not have this issue with their apps. Heck, even our crappy Smart Life and EWeLink devices don’t!

My husband and I downloaded the SmartThings app since we got a new Samsung TV and we are unable to log in. Every time we put in our email and password, the login page simply refreshes
 Has anyone figured out a solution yet?

I experience this on Android but not on iOS.
What these morons do all day?