iOS app logging out consistently

Same here with the Android app. Is this the new mentioned security feature?
Actually far away from a useful app.
Joern

Iā€™ve had this once or twice since the upgrade. Iā€™m iOS.

This is happening to me now as well.

Also puts me in the wrong location when I log in (and I canā€™t delete a dud location) also morning routines are not firingā€¦

Yep, this now happens to me all the time on iOS since the update went live. No issues before the update. Getting really annoying.

The new version of the app was using a different authentication methodā€¦ we are looking into these reports and will get a fix released ASAP.

Also happening on my wifeā€™s iphone.

Seems to stay logged in as long as the app is open or running in the background. If I switch my phone off and on it loses the log in. Donā€™t know if that helps or is just stating the obvious!

There is a known issue and fix for some of the recent logout and widget issue being reported. The change is code complete and is pending release with our QA and Apple. We expect to have a fix out to users in the next week. Until then we have made a change in the backend to alleviate some of the logout pain for iOS users as long as you open your app once every 48 hours between today and the release of 2.2.1.

Iā€™ve experienced this on Android with the new app. Is there a fix coming for us?

me too. android.

I am getting this with Android as well.

1 Like

+1 IOS for meā€¦ might as well go back to using light switches (tears)

My wife has the same problem on her iPhone SE. I donā€™t have the issue on my iPhone 6s+. We have the same iOS settings for the app. I do open the smarthings app on my phone everyday whereas she probably opens it once every week. Maybe thereā€™s timeout issue when the app runs in background for too long?

Any update with this issue? Presence never works correctly because the iOS app constantly logs out on family members phones if they donā€™t open the app. Seems like this issue has been ongoing for a while and itā€™s pretty disappointing that it hasnā€™t been addressed. This ā€œfeatureā€ was the main reason I moved over to smartthings and it doesnā€™t even work correctly.

or if it is not logging out, the app either exits or does not ā€œwake upā€ in the background.

I see similar issues with our iphones.

Super frustrating to say the least. Not to mention, itā€™s left my house
unsecure several times because the goodbye routine fails to run due to the
hub thinking certain phones are present when theyā€™re not. If this isnā€™t
resolved soon Iā€™m going back to my old system. At least it never left my
house unsecured and worked as advertised.

Iā€™m running version 2.3.0 and it keeps logging me out. Also my widgets disappear after logging out and back in. I have two widgets, one is Iā€™m Back and the other is a switch. The switch shows but does not work. Whatā€™s up?

I just upgraded to hub v2. My wifeā€™s iPhones Se continuously logs out and my 6 and 7 works fine. The migration was painful enough and it would be nice if this can be fixed at least. I probably come home one day and all automation is out ā€¦

Sure would have been nice if ST hadnā€™t been fibbing about that V1-V2 migration tool.

Iā€™ve been logged off twice in the last 2 days. Lost widget setup once.