iOS 2.14.0 released (1/30/18)

So today my Smartthings app on my iphone has been telling me the presents has been ping-ponging for the last hour (even though the phone is sitting on the table)

Also, when I try to get into the Smart Home Monitor section of the app, (where it shows “everything is OK”) it sits on the first tab “Status” with no content. Same for the other tabs if tap them. If I pull down for a refresh, I get:

“The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURE ErrorDomain error -999”.)

UPDATE:
It took 10 minutes for the screen to unfreeze and give results!

What the heck!!!

@Brad_ST there’s a new bug in the iOS and Android app. When Device Handlers have an input preference set with the flag required: true it ignores it and saves the page even if the user hasn’t entered any value.

Easily replicate, add this input to any device handlers preferences:

input "testState", "enum", title: "Select a state", defaultValue: "last state", displayDuringSetup: false, options: ["0": "last state", "2": "on", "1": "off"], required: true

Notice this isn’t an optional but a required value, however it’ll save the page even if the input is empty

It used to work fine with the older versions. This is a regression bug, it was reported many releases ago, was fixed and now it’s back.

1 Like

I’ve been working on improving the functionality of some DHs user with Xiaomi sensors, and noticed displayDuringSetup is ignored, even though the Developers Docs claims it should work with DHs. I’ve also tried using required: true together with displayDuringSetup: false and that didn’t work either.

Is displayDuringSetup not working in Device Handlers also a new bug?

displayDuringSetup has never worked as far I can remember.