iOS 2.0 Discussion!

I do like the support options of this App. In-app support chat, and enable detailed logging in the activity page is nice.

Pretty much like everything but the enormous icons in routines! And I miss Taylor Swift shaking it off.:frowning:

I was really hoping to see a complete overhaul of the UX… Something simple and intuitive.

Wink is unreliable and slow, but they have an amazing app. They use large icons and have controls that are self explanatory.

The thermostats module that was shown off in one of the discussion videos showed some promise as well as the large module we can place at the top of each room page, but it’s still a far cry from the simplicity of wink’s offering. (Again I’m only comparing the UX of the app)

I would like to see ST use Material Design, use edge swipes to bring in and move out the “parent” items like rooms or categories. Use large single color multi gradient icons that are self explanatory. Implement more visual modules that incorporate gesture control of devices and don’t place them on a page that takes 3-4 clicks/swipes to access them.

3 Likes

Any one having issues adding a featured device? I get “Error Saving Room. Please Try Again.”

2 Likes

A callout to @juano2310! This may not be related to the app at all (100% sure) but hues are working well today!

1 Like

When I go to enter devices into a room, it only shows me one device, my orbiting music smart app and nothing else!

@mwhaley99, Check here:

Look at my posts from here on.

I saw that the magic mode (sunrise/sunset) is going away in favor of routines. My updated iOS app still shows the two magic modes I have set up…are they going to function or do I need to trash them and rebuild them as a routine, or…?

Were your devices assigned to “groups” with the old app?

If so, each group was set up as a “room”. In the new app and your devices are already assigned to those rooms. So you have to go into those rooms and unassign the devices before you can assign them to other rooms. See:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205379774

Yeah, that explains it better :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, that explains it!

Personally, I would have liked to see “Rooms” called “Zones”. Sometimes, you will have common areas like hallways, or outdoor areas that are not technically rooms. It’s a step in the right direction, although it seems silly to have some of my rooms called “outdoor”.

Hopefully not a dungeon!

2 Likes

I agree… I hate the white white themes used today. I was hoping this wasn’t just a re-skin on the existing app and that it would finally be a universal app.

1 Like

So is Smart Home Monitor not available yet?

oh so this isn’t available yet? I been going through my app trying to work out how to enable it

Same Problem… I opened a support ticket.

They said they would roll out the Smart Home Monitor over the next 24 hours. I can’t wait for it either :smile:

yikes! I get on a plane for a two week trip tomorrow! I need my SHM!

1 Like

Should be in the next 24 hours.

3 Likes