iOS 2.0.7 - Release Notes - 1/07/2016

Exact same issue for me. Had to login again this morning and fix widget AGAIN. No idea why.

This release has made things worse. Keeps logging me out, I also canā€™t get into hub utilities from my locations to do a zwave exclude. Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

Just have the layout optimized for the larger screens.

This is really confusing ā€” I can understand doing this if there is just one location, but I manage two locations with more on the way. When using the same naming convention for my devices (MB = Master Bedroom, KT = Kitchen, etc) this presents needless cognitive overhead to suss out what Iā€™m looking at exactly.

Plus. One location isnā€™t even a home.

3 Likes

Yes - I had exclude issues today as wellā€¦and now have website log in issues.

Please make your priority:

• iOS landscape mode
  • Windows 10 Universal App

Thank you!

3 Likes

For me looking to fit more things on a single screen and better control of how they are displayed.

Landscape support. Hate having to be forced to rotate the device or read things sideways.

1 Like

ā€œMy Homeā€ is just a waste of a text location as it cannot convey any information now. Using the location name was useful - this is a downgrade. Especially when someone is having to move everything individually and manually from a v1 hub to a v2 oneā€¦ Adding insult to injury.

1. if Iā€™d wanted it to say ā€œMy Homeā€ I would have made that the location name.
  2. How could this loss of functionality get prioritized above other items heavily requested? Even if it was a good idea.

By the way, it seems that manual location changing is now a bit unreliable, too. It doesnā€™t always switch locations when you pick it. You have to wait and see room order or devices change to know it switched - just to add a cherry on top.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly they made this change to ā€œMy Homeā€ in the last Android release and it got so many complaints there too. It replaced a label with a waste of space. :confused:

This is indeed a downgrade. @slagle, @jody.albritton. Why in the world? You had a cool thing, now you blew it off. You can still use the little ā€œMy Homeā€ label on the bottom to label the icon, but why blow off the location name above? Consistency to avoid confusion? Just means youā€™re doing a least-common-denominator design, which is never good.

3 Likes

Try smart tiles. ST quit caring about their users the day those fat Samsung checks cleared the bank.

Smart tiles is the only reason I havenā€™t tossed my hub in the trash. It works well in landscape and you can chose what to display and in what order so you can custom fit it to whatever device youā€™ll be using it with.

3 Likes

Poltergeist logging me off every few hrs. Who let it out again? Not funny! :wink: @SBDOBRESCUā€™s pet is out againā€¦

1 Like

Sorry buddy, this is applegeist. Us Androids have been dealing with googlegeist for a while. Welcome to ST one step forward two steps backwards. I cannot believe youā€™re not used to it by nowā€¦

1 Like

Agreed. A location could be

My home
My parentsā€™ home
My office
A barn
A vacation home
A rental property (or one of several)
The 3rd floor of a large brick house
A school
An Air BnB suite within my home
Etc

Labeling all of these ā€œMy Homeā€ is unnecessarily confusing.

2 Likes

Looks like this update also gifted me with having to login several times a day with having to reconfig the widget/watch each time.

Can we quote you on our website? :wink: Weā€™ve actually heard this sentiment from many users, and I, for one, am not hesitant to appreciate and share that praise. @625alex didnā€™t predict that his alternative client for basic control of SmartThings would earn this ongoing respect. SmartThingsā€™s priorities for their native mobile App(s) are outside of our control ā€“ which emphasizes the value of SmartThings as a ā€œplatformā€ for developers to address concerns from different perspectives.

4 Likes

Feel free to quote me.

If thereā€™s a place to leave a review Iā€™d be happy to do that as well. I am currently running three different setups. One for my phone. One for my work phone which has a much smaller screen, and one for my laptop which shows everything.
Iā€™ve not had a single glitch.

2 Likes

As usual I havenā€™t seen a single release to date without a regression bug where an existing functionality doesnā€™t break. Almost makes me wish ST would stop updating itā€™s apps.

• multiAttribute tile rooms now throw an error while trying to load
  • SmartDevice preferences bool and integer input still broken

Stay tuned for moreā€¦

4 Likes

Same experience with the iOS app. Need to log in and turn on widgets after updating the app.

1 Like