iOS 1.7 "Sunny Screen" and Device Discovery bug

Same ‘sunny field’ issue here. As failure modes go, this one is… unusual :wink:

@april any update on a fix?

I have the sunny screen issue which I then kill the app and all is well but it does continue to happen. After it happens my presence on my phone is no longer detected. I am also experiencing an app crash every time I try to add a new device. Frustrating to say the least. Then you add all the many slowdowns ST has been having lately, with no explanations BTW. People think I shave my head but because of ST I have been pulling it all out.

I love coming home only to see my SmartAlarm going off (lights flashing, alarm sounding, dogs freaking out, etc.). Yep, completely sold my wife on ST, she Loves it! Never a complaint from her about the system, nope. If I was Pinocchio I’d have plenty of fire wood for a couple winters.

1 Like

Exactly same for all of us… Presence goes nuts after that…I think this should be priority #1 for ST and I am sure it is. But occasional update would calm things down rather than we will let you know when this is fixed. This is extremely crucial.

Hey guys,

Maybe I missed something in the posts but for about a week now a picture of a sunrise or sunset with clouds and a grassy field appears and gets stuck. I have to force close the app to get it to start. Anyone else getting it?

I’m not sure how you missed it, but there have been many, many posts about this.

@April, can you please combine this topic with the existing topic:

1 Like

I see them now. I was searching for sunrise/sunset start up. Something like that. Thanks!

That’s called the “Sunny Field”! Most iOS users are facing this since last ST update. Forcibly close the app and you will be good till the next time you get it. Try posting it to the original topic on this issue as @JDRoberts mentioned above.

That makes sense: the sunset fail is a different error, also with a lot of posts, so if you started from that search it would take forever to find the “sunny field” threads!

I appreciate it guys. The support from the community is awesome!

Wow… that is encouraging

So… I would kind of like to go back to 1.whatever.came.before.1.7.0 cause my smart things have become really dumb things since this update.

When I stand on one foot,and stick my right thumb in my left ear, I can get the app to launch and get past the sunny screen. But adding new devices either searches forever or crashes the app. and then I get the sunny screen again.

Older things that were behaving pre iOS 1.7 are now misbehaving - lights are coming on and off whenever they please.

SmartThings you have hosed my house. Thank you very much.

I emailed support last night and was told a “fix” was in the works and should be available in the next few days. I’ve had ST for over a year and love the product and never really had any “critical” issues until now. I hope the “fix” is addressed sooner than later.

Glad to see it’s not just me - same as others. Get “sunny field” screen - have to force quit app. iPhone presence is messed up.

Loving all the “Platform improvements”! We’re fixing it this time - we super pinky swear!

I have discovered a solution to this 1.7.1 SmartThings problem.

1. Uninstall the app from phone

2. Disconnect Hub from power and from internet

3. Use lights and switches the way normal people do.

It’s working for me… house is behaving again.

1 Like

now, now, let’s all be less negative here, because it’s all the negativity being expressed in the forum that’s contributing to the problem…

how hard is it to post list of known issues, current status, estimated fix time/date? a daily update, even if it is to simply state “no update, still being worked on”. but something a customer can copy/paste and send off to whomever is managing the group(s) responsible for fixing the issue(s) after it goes on for xx time

@thewellington, love the youtube lawnmower idea, preferably with one of those best gadgets of 2014 ads in the background… or an ST gremlin in a blender…

This is what works for me.

1. Start the Ap
  2. Get the nice field screen
  3. Go back to home screen
  4. Kill the Ap (double click the home button, swipe up the smartthings ap)
  5. Restart the App

The process to restart the app works, but I have to do that nearly every time I open the app.

NOT GOOD!!

There is an update to the app available on the iOS App Store. Has anyone had a chance to try it?

Yes, it appears to fix the presence issue and I haven’t seen a Sunny Screen. But it’s not been long. My wife’s phone presence had been dead for 8 days, now alive again.