Invalid certificate for the forum?

LOL!

Got your point! (and a quick laughter at the same time!)

We’ll just have to wait for the ST guys to FIX THE D**N ERROR!

1 Like

I’ll try and hit a couple of them up, not sure if it’s them or the Discourse Team (not part of ST, just what they use for this forum) has to fix.

1 Like

I’m sure there’ll be a bunch of people here eagerly waiting to hear from you/them…

I am getting the same error in Chrome and it won’t let me past it. Safari will let me trust it, but not Chrome.

Chris

The actual SSL tests out fine on third-party testers:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=community.smartthings.com&latest

… and I can’t reproduce a problem in any browser on Windows. So I strongly believe this is platform related.

This definitely indicates it might be due to an old version of Chrome, or possibly an old version of Android? What version of Chrome are you using, on what version of Android? I strongly suggest updating your browser to latest, if nothing else.

SSLLabs will automatically pull the root certificate so it won’t throw an error.

I have the error on an android 5.0.1 with the latest chrome version… i
know i said it before but just thought it was worth re mentioning

Also android 5.0.1 with latest chrome. Guess there is something common here.

I’m on Android 5.0.1 and Chrome 52.0.2743.98 and the successful loading is now about 1 of 4 attempts.

If it not consistent and sometimes loads, then that would possibly imply one of the servers the site is being balanced too doesn’t have the root certificate at all, or it’s corrupt.

If I use the “Internet” app from Samsung I can select Advanced and the proceed as Unsafe. Chrome will not allow the same choice. The success rate is back below 1 of 6.

I guess nobody read my post above with the KB article. The web server needs to be configured to present the entire certificate chain to clients which do not have the COMODO trusted intermediate and/or root CA’s built in. This site is not doing that, at least, not all the time. Is anyone on this thread involved with the hosting of this site?

Yes I was just making sure this was the case this time as well as it was before when you spotted the issue. The thing is, it’s unusual to need to include the root certificate in the chain as well. I’ve never got the error and I’m running the same version of Chrome on Android.

Confirmed on a Tab S running 5.0.1 with the latest stable Chrome version…

Chrome on the other hand every now and then (seldom I must say) also allows us to get back to the forum…

My tablet is rooted, and is KitKat, android 4.4. I would upgrade it if I was not afraid of bricking it. I don’t have any issues with any other website though.