Introducing the new webCoRE Community Forum

(Robin) #1

The webCoRE threads on this forum have grown to a size that makes it almost impossible to follow specific queries, questions are going unanswered and suggestions are getting missed.

@ady624, following the “insisting suggestion” of @cozdabuch, has setup a dedicated webCoRE Community Forum which is based on the same discourse backbone as we are all used to on here, so it should be familiar to us all.

The webCoRE forum is not intended to replace this one, but instead we want to see it working in harmony, with users taking advantage of the new categories whilst sharing links across both platforms.

Happy posting and I’ll see you on the other side!!

Edit:

For those unable to complete the signup process on the WC forum, it’s because you haven’t completed all of the mandatory fields*

On mobile these questions are obvious, but when using a desktop browser the latter questions often get cut off (depending on screen size and resolution) :scream:

As the bottom bar with the ‘create new account’ button is in a fixed in position, you think you’re at the bottom of the page, but you’re not… all you need to do is scroll down and the final two questions appear :wink:

FAQ: What is WebCoRE? (And what was CoRE?)
Why are (some? all?) webCoRE threads deprecated?
webCoRE Introductory Video
Which dashboards are you referring to?
Doing math without coding? ( complex conditionals)
Humidity Alert? Can't turn on a fan
Need to automate an off-on-off-on sequence in under 3 seconds for an outdoor light
How to Get Started Creating Complex Rules in SmartThings (2017) (SmartThings Classic)
Wanted: A way to make the smart light switches in the house do a possessed house "light show"
[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process
[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE Beta Milestone 1
Smarthome entry/exit delay with audible beeps on Sonos?
Advanced rules for my dimmer switch?
IKEA Trådfri
HTTP commands with SmartThings... What awesome things are you guys using?
Virtual Open Close contact
Webcore Pistons not firing (November 5, 2017)
WebCoRe assistance needed
WebCore Stopped Working...Why?
Help with Piston: Bathroom Lighting
Control Phillips Hue Lights with a ZigBee Dimmer Switch
How do I set up a rule to use the chimes on my dome siren?
[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons
[DEPRECATED] webCoRE Beta Milestone 2
[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)
Fade between 2 levels (GE dimmers)
WebCoRE Help - Sending simple notifications
Webcore help with Push Notification
New Alexa Routines - Using Simulated Contact Sensor w/Webcore
WebCore lights on with motion, off with no motion
FAQ: Creating a virtual Device
Off Switch - wireless
SHM and Webcore help needed
Executing Scene on multiple locations
Webcore Global Variables and Virtual Switch Toggle
Help making most basic app ever: select thermostat setpoints for both above and below a specific sensor's reading
Christmas Mode - Hue + ST
Sonos Text to Speech
(Bob) #2

And there was me thinking your were going to take a back seat for 12 months!!! :smile:

(Robin) #3

I’m still hanging about… just not commenting quite as much seeing as I’m now hubless :sob:

(Kebel87) #4

In for the badge :wink:

(llcanada) #5

I’m in also. This program is awesome.

(Joel W) #6

I joined, as I need getting started help.

Great idea. I’m in.

( Cosmo) #8

@slagle
Can you pin this thread in the SmartApps category (at least for a while).
New forum should really help streamline WebCoRE discussions and it would be useful for users to see this announcement for a while

(Christopher) #9

Thanks! Just signed up under the same username. Glad to see an organized resource for webCoRE!

(Bryan) #10

Nice to see the new forum. Will make info much easier to see. I missed being in the first 50 though. :neutral_face:

(James Yeo) #11

Bah… work filter blocks it. Just like the wiki and the actual service. Looks like I’ll miss out since I only do my reading on breaks at work.

The service gets an outright ban for remote access.

The wiki and forum come up as uncategorized, so maybe as content goes up it’ll get whiteflagged like actiontiles did for me a while back.

But for now… I miss out

(Terry Grant) #12

Please add me!

(terence peace) #13

Signed up. Thank you.

(Mark) #14

I’m in! Thanks chaps! :grin:

(Robin) #15

No invite needed, just head on over and open an account.

(Robin) #16

(Never Trust @bamarayne) #17

But there will be nothing to complain about over there…

(Robin) #18

:+1::+1:t2::+1:t3::+1:t4::+1:t5::+1:t6:

(Joe) #19

Lame. So now I have to post to two different forums depending on what I’m using for the same home automation product.

( Cosmo) #20

You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. Nobody is twisting your arm.