[OBSOLETE]Intermatic PE653 Pool Control System

SmartThings Pool Enthusiasts,

I am posting a preliminary DTH Pool Control for use with the “New App”. This has been a much more involved process than I ever imagined. The new developer tools to support the New App are not for the faint of heart. I am also not particularly happy with the limited set of UI controls available to external developers. The result is a UI that looks entirely different from the nice compact layout you are used to in the legacy App. It is basically just a long list switches, state displays and a slider for VSP. Just scroll through the list and you’ll get the idea. My hope is that over time that Samsung will give us developers more control over the layout, and in particular, the ability to logically group UI controls in a more compact way, similar to how some of the ST published device handlers can.

Please consider this an “Alpha” version. I have only done rudimentary testing so far. Considering that the old DTH is essentially dead at this point since the introduction of the New App , I do not want to further delay putting something out there, and this group has historically very supportive in their testing efforts.

The source for this new version is in a different namespace (ST assigns one in the CLI whether you want it or not). You can pull the source code and install it from this link:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KeithR26/SmartThingsPublic/master/devicetypes/futuredance12594/intermatic-pool-control-new-app-smartthings.src/intermatic-pool-control-new-app-smartthings.groovy

I look forward to any feedback you have…

Keith

3 Likes