Integration with AT&T digital life

There’s a toggle in the DL smart app settings, Control DL - set that to off and you won’t be able to do anything to DL anymore, but still use it as a master (i.e. get status changes)

Bump Bump…

I’m having a wierd issue that just started. The system has been working fine for a long time. I can control the system with SHM, but when I disarm the system it crashes the HomeCloudHub service on my ubuntu box and deletes the IP and port from the .json config file. I was able to get it to restart by making the config file ready only, but disarming still doesn’t work and causes a reboot of the service. Any ideas?

I believe I found the issue. My hub is ran from an Nvidia Shield TV with the dongle. It looks like after the Oreo TV update the Smartthings hub doesn’t get an IP address. While I can ping the shield tv box, that IP doesn’t work and my IDE console says IP is 0.0.0.0. Not sure how to fix it though

I’ve been reading over the code for homecloudhub and the smartApp, but I am having problems understanding what the homecloudhub app is used for and what exactly the SmartApp does. I see the output in the terminal window showing the devices discovered from digital life, but the login for digital life is in the smartApp. What actually does the authentication, the smartApp or the homecloudhub service?

The SmartApp does the authentication and retrieves tokens that it then passes down to the nodejs app - the nodejs app never gets the credentials (username and password) for security purposes - it only gets a token from the SmartApp that needs to be refreshed once in a while - it expires. The SmartApp is also responsible for managing the devices, creating new ones, and updating existing ones when events happen.

Thanks for the help!

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot why my devices aren’t being created now?
I see in the log for homecloudhub that it finds the devices but they never get created. I see this in the log for the smartApp:

parsedEvent = [mac:001788227989, networkAddress:0A000102, deviceAddress:50, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpUSN:uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9b23-001788227989, ssdpTerm:urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:basic:1, ssdpNTS:null]

Hello Everyone… Having issues again. I had to recreate my Linux VM with HomeCloudHub on it. It will work for about the first 10 minutes after starting it, but then it stops sending events. If I kill the service and restart it, it works again and then just stops.

Right now the status is “Listening for events…” But that was at 11:39PM last night.

Firewall is completely disabled, using the same version of Node that was recommended… All the configuration is right because it works for the first 10 minutes or so. It can ping sites on the internet, so it’s not like something is stopping the internet from working. I’m at a loss…

I have noticed one thing, it does say every few minutes:

Haven't received anything in one minute, we must have been disconnected...

And then it restarts automatically, but it stops working shortly after doing that a few times.

What OS are your running and which release version of it?

CentOS 7. Same as my previous VM, the only difference is the one previously was on HyperV and this one is ESXi. I converted my old one and it completely boned it (the other 10 CentOS boxes survived just fine).

I fully updated it before installing, and I’m using node 5.7 (or whatever version was recomended in the instructions).

Is this VM dedicated to just HCH or do you run other things on it?

Dedicated. Statics set on it and a DHCP reservation set on the STH.

How long has this been going on? I think AT&T may be having issues. I started getting this in my logs tonight:

Error logging in to AT&T, javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failed

If I delete the smart app and then reconfigure it, I get a long in but as soon as a log in is attempted again, I get this message.

Yeah it appears to be AT&T. I am having the same thing you are now.

AT&T had some issues recently. Make sure you have the latest SSL/TLS libraries too - more and more providers stop using SSLv3 and allow only TLSv1.1+

1 Like

@ady624 If you have time, What kind of info do you need from me to get my Glass Break Sensors from Digital Life setup in the HomeCloudHub?

The error log in the IDE to begin with. It should contain information about devices it does not know

While the topic is hot, here is the error code for the Yale DL Door lock.

16762928-ce1e-4edb-91ec-e27be01fc891 5:57:10 PM: info If the repository is missing the [AT&T Digital Life Door Lock] device handler, please provide the device data to the author of this software so he can add it. Thank you. Device data is [[data-battery:82, data-installer-configuration:lockTimeout=180,wrongCodeLimit=5,wrongCodeShutdownTime=60,statusLed=on,sound=undefinedsound=undefined, data-last-user-id:-3, data-location:0003001017, data-lock:lock, data-lockalarmstate:Normal, data-rssi:0, data-status:0, data-user-codes.0.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.1.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.2.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.3.0:null, data-user-codes.4.0:null, data-user-codes.5.0:null, data-user-codes.6.0:1~**~~0, event:update, id:DL00000002, module:digitallife, name:FRONT DOOR LOCK, type:door-lock, value:lock]]
16762928-ce1e-4edb-91ec-e27be01fc891 5:57:10 PM: info Home Cloud Hub discovered a device that is not yet supported by your hub. Please find and install the [AT&T Digital Life Door Lock] device handler from https://github.com/ady624/HomeCloudHub/tree/master/devicetypes/ady624
16762928-ce1e-4edb-91ec-e27be01fc891 5:57:10 PM: info Received update event for module digitallife, device FRONT DOOR LOCK of type door-lock, value lock, data: [data-battery:82, data-installer-configuration:lockTimeout=180,wrongCodeLimit=5,wrongCodeShutdownTime=60,statusLed=on,sound=undefinedsound=undefined, data-last-user-id:-3, data-location:0003001017, data-lock:lock, data-lockalarmstate:Normal, data-rssi:0, data-status:0, data-user-codes.0.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.1.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.2.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.3.0:null, data-user-codes.4.0:null, data-user-codes.5.0:null, data-user-codes.6.0:1~**~~0, event:update, id:DL00000002, module:digitallife, name:FRONT DOOR LOCK, type:door-lock, value:lock]
16762928-ce1e-4edb-91ec-e27be01fc891 5:57:10 PM: info If the repository is missing the [AT&T Digital Life Door Lock] device handler, please provide the device data to the author of this software so he can add it. Thank you. Device data is [[data-battery:82, data-installer-configuration:lockTimeout=180,wrongCodeLimit=5,wrongCodeShutdownTime=60,statusLed=on,sound=undefinedsound=undefined, data-last-user-id:-3, data-location:0003001017, data-lock:unlock, data-lockalarmstate:Normal, data-rssi:0, data-status:0, data-user-codes.0.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.1.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.2.0:1~**~~0, data-user-codes.3.0:null, data-user-codes.4.0:null, data-user-codes.5.0:null, data-user-codes.6.0:1~**~~0, event:update, id:DL00000002, module:digitallife, name:FRONT DOOR LOCK, type:door-lock, value:-3]]

Not sure why, but all of the sudden getting this:

ERROR: TypeError [ERR_INVALID_CALLBACK]: Callback must be a function

Oct 26 13:50:11 nodejs01 node[934]: (node:934) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

Oct 26 13:53:24 nodejs01 node[934]: 10/26/2018, 1:53:24 PM [homecloudhub] Received init request

Oct 26 13:53:24 nodejs01 node[934]: ERROR: TypeError [ERR_INVALID_CALLBACK]: Callback must be a function

I recently started getting something similar. I haven’t had time to look into it, but I suspect an issue at AT&T.