Integration with AT&T digital life

First thing I did and storing it on a cloud drive.

Also ordering a Pi today to see if i can do the install following the directions on my own.

1 Like

The problem was Ubuntu was somehow reassigning the default SSDP port 1900 - his nodejs app was always listening for SSDP on random ports, rather than the default 1900 - thus never responding. On a second note, the SmartApp was - for an unknown reason - producing the Error page after the 10s wait, it appears that SmartThings lowered the time allowed for a page to be rendered? We decreased the number of waits for SSDP and the app then allowed him to manually enter the IP, thus going around the SSDP issue.

1 Like

And I couldn’t be happier. Thanks again!

1 Like

I ordered a Raspberry pi and the instructions worked perfectly! I now have a backup HCH server.

Probably pushing my luck here but I am wondering if there is a device handler for DL cameras?

I only wrote DTHs for the devices I have. Never had a camera and DL was very unhelpful, so no, sorry.

Also, their motion sensors do not transmit events so you cannot use them as a motion sensor per se.

No worries
 I think DL is approaching end of life with ATT. Support is limited and the product isn’t being pushed as hard as it was when it rolled out.

I’ll give them a call as I need to see if there is any discount they can offer, finished my commitment a year ago lol. Same for uverse, they started charging me full prices, not good ;))

1 Like

Please let us know what you hear
 They are still cheaper than most other competitors.

They no longer have an over-the-phone-sales department. What?! :smiley:

It’s not end of life, my wife works for the IoT part of AT&T (Mostly connected car) but DL is discussed at times and they haven’t ever said they were shutting it down. Doesn’t mean you’re wrong either since they could change their minds at any time.

Doesn’t surprise me. Everything is order online or walk into a store.

Did they change how you add a device to DL? I stopped buying contact sensors from them because I got tired of calling them up to have them pair it for me. Even renaming them you’d have to call them up and tell them.

Yes, nothing has been said officially but there are rumors. Primarily from the technicians supporting that line of business.

I hope they don’t shut it down, I’d have to write integrations for other systems and I don’t have time lol

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see what they do. When they bought DirecTV they didn’t shut off the uverse service, they tried to entice people to get DTV by supplying awesome bundles. I am not sure if they would just leave existing customers or if they’d say SEE YA. If that’s the case it would be awesome if they gave us admin access to the cisco hub that controls everything.

1 Like

I think they would likely sell it off.

Would this code work with dissconnected att service?

No it requires an active service

I’m using "thermostat auto of"f with the door/window sensors and my understand is that it should turn off the AC if a sensor is left open for longer than X seconds. instead, its turning the AC off the second a sensor is opened. Is this a result of the magical DLife integration or am I having some other issue?

Who is implementing this auto off? The DL integration can sync up location mode and SHM at most, does not turn off thermostats

A smart app is supposed to monitor contact sensors.When the sensors stay open for X seconds the app sends a command to turn off the thermostat. I am trying a different app and having better luck so probably coding of the original app i was using.

webCoRE can help you :wink:

You can set up a rule to shut it off if any of multiple contacts stays open. You could also turn it back on when all doors are closed