Integration Solutions using MQTT

I have an update to the new MQTT Devices driver. There’s been quite a number of changes made in the code, so I hope I haven’t broken anything for the devices you have already created.

Once you have the driver update (Version 2022-11-16T06:36:16.360248938), you WILL need to delete your MQTT Device Creator (only) and get it recreated with an Add device / Scan for nearby devices. This will enable creation of the new device types I’ve added. You’ll have to reconfigure your Broker credentials and IP in the new creator device. The other MQTT devices you’ve already created should not be affected.

Here is a summary of the changes:

• Added new device types: acceleration/vibration, lock, presence, sound, water (moistureSensor)
  • Enhanced JSON key parsing to support more complex notations, including array indexes
  • Fixed handling of boolean JSON values
  • Added max dimmer value config option to dimmer (create a new device to see the new option)
  • Fixed problem with dimmer value publishing

Regarding the sound device - it accepts a numeric value (assume to be 0-100) which is represented on the device Controls screen as a volume slider. There is a Settings option to configure a threshold value at which the sound sensor state will change to “sound detected”. Note also that manually changing the volume slider will not result in any messages published back out, but will affect the sound sensor state according to the configured threshold.

Please let me know if anyone has any problems.

4 Likes