Integration of Z-Wave Danfoss Thermostat

Hey,

Alas I changed jobs so haven’t had time to look at this recently.

I haven’t done anything with the heating, cooling settings. If set to heating and the stat is set to lower than actual temperature then even though it says it’s heating, it will shut off the stat.

Iirc on / off works and just sets the stat to 4c.

I use a core piston to control the temp programme.

Can’t remember what the poll time was, it’s not that often to preserve battery life.

I will find the time to do more on this as buying some more.

Ed

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah seems to work perfect the only small issue is reporting cooling versus
heating to save confusion.

Thanks for the great work makes the 4TH useable in ST, as the default
handler was useless.

Hi.

I am also experiencing those issues.
Fair to say that I just set up my hub today and I have yet to see how this works over a few days.

But seems like temperature is synced. I will do a few tests and see how it goes.

Sorry for noob question. Will Danfoss TRV (868MHz) work with US hub?

Nope. You need a TRV that has the correct frequency.

Have a look here for the correct frequency.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll better buy UK hub)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there are US equivalents though.

Actually there aren’t, I’ve looked pretty hard. There seem to be multiple manufacturers of electronic TRVs in Europe but models that use the US z-wave frequency seem to be non-existent. Super frustrating for those of us that live in old buildings with steam radiators (like millions of people in New York City).

Just had a look as well!

Huge hole in the market!

Quick…

Hi all,

I am new to this and I just got my first SmartThings hub.

In the house I have several Danfoss Living Connect valves. All seem to be connected now to the hub. Ideally I would love to be able to make them behave as an On and Off switches that go to either 28 or 4 degrees.

Could someone help me figure it out please?

Hi,

You can control them from CORE. CORE is a smart app within smartthings that provides a lot of functionality. Best to search for it on the community. Using CORE you’ll be able to set them up to change temperatures as described at particular times of the day, through switches, motion sensors etc.

Richard

@Sherali_Karimov

Use the DTH located here:

Does exactly what you’re after, you can also use WebCORE to complement the above DTH and schedule changes.

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the pointers. I’ll go find CORE and try to figure it out.

Cheers!

UK question (maybe general)

Could I use a TRV without having a smart main thermostat.

I live in a rented property and the thermostat is really old and don’t want to replace it.

The plan would be to have the boiler always on and only start tk work when a TRV triggers it.

That’s exactly the setup I have. In our building multiple apartments share the boiler so the only option to control the heating is through the TRV.

I bought these Danfoss TRVs and now am able to turn heating on and off in different rooms. I do not have the main Danfoss controller as the thing is quite expensive and unnecessary I thought.

1 Like

I figured out how to hook up the TRVs to the Device Type Handler from this thread. If you go to the settings of the device and change its type to the DTH from this post, you will see it as an on and off switch in the app. Just as I wanted. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Sherali_Karimov :slight_smile:

So how does this work in your home? Do you have a separate temperature sensor (like Aeotec Multisensor 6) which feeds the TRV which will output a certain temperature or?

-M

Hi All

Reading thought this forum post. Want to check and understand a few things!

1. Is this still the version to buy? http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-danfoss-lc-13-living-connect-radiator-thermostat Or is there a newer version that can return the temp value for example?

2. Does a DH page exist on GitHub?

3. Can this be used in conjunction with a sensor from ST and or with Nest to do Room by Room heating based on some automation rules. I.e. Room 1 is below 15 degrees, heat until it hit x degrees?

That is actually my next step – reaching and maintaining specific temperature level. At the moment I only use it to turn the heating on and off in various rooms based on some presence and time of the day rules. There are a few things I am not sure about:

• does the Danfos TRV allow access to its temperature sensor or do I need a separate temp sensor in each room?
  • none of the internet based virtual outdoor temperature tiles seem to be working for me? Is it just me or is there a working one available?
    Researching things for now.

My previous hub was MiCasaVerde Vera Lite and it does not have the easiest set of tools to work with. I was hoping SmartThings would make it significantly easier to set up and control the logic.