Integration of Z-Wave Danfoss Thermostat

Whatever command is being sent isn’t supported properly by the device. Make sure the device is following the spec for thermostat capability.

1 Like

isn’t that just when the thermostat is not pushing on the valve… its was the same for me when i had to calibrate the valve, then it startet out all loose, afterwards it became tight. My guess is that your valve was very open hence not pushed on the valve and therefore loose… no? :slight_smile:

must be! How do I fix it then?

maybe recalibrate it then? do you know if its tight when valve is closed like in temperature low? When you fit it on your heater, it HAS to be in calibrated mode - i believe it has an blinking “M”. If its not that i dont know… I only have one of these things - hoping richp will sort it out before i buy more :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

guess I’ll have to dig out the manual and restart again! lol! I’ll leave that to Saturday… off to bed I am! lol!

http://heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/living-connect_OEM_VQIDA15T_013R9563.pdf

I guess @richp has been studying this manual with the commands for the device…

1 Like

yes - i used the manual to help, shame that all z wave things are not quite equal. @danielccm, If your thermostat is displaying a temperature, then i would expect it to be either rigid against the seat or a small amount of play if the valve is open letting water through. you can try this by setting the valve at min (valve should be closed and rigid) or max (valve might be a bit loose).

When in M mode the valve will sit very loose as the pin won;t be engaged.

Danfoss is Danish and so am I, I wonder if this is something danfoss can help us with - don’t really know what to ask them if I call them. Maybe they have some more detailed z wave manuals or instructions available? Can I do anything or should I just wait until you crack it @richp ?

I think the problem is that the device doesn’t follow the normal requirements of a thermostat. It just needs a set point. So when the routine fires it is trying to do more than just change the temperature set point.

I have mine working fine using rule machine. I have it currently set so that a routine is the trigger in rule machine with the action being changing the temperaure.

Have you tried rule machine yet. I think for now it may be the answer.

Help from danfosss would be good. @AdamV got some feedback from them I they confirmed they were going to buy a smart things for testing themselves.

haha, that is great news - ill try with rule machine then :slight_smile: thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

So I bought 4 new thermostats and are using them with rule machine. BUT when I tell it to lower the temp on all thermostat when I’m out, only one thermostat gets set. Anybody else had similar problems or is all good with multiple thermostats? Thank you

@danielccm
@richp

hey daniel, have you had any problem adjusting multiple thermostats at the same time with rule machine?

Regards

Hi

Inhavnt had the chance to try this yet as I still only have the one device. Are any of the devices changing to the required temp or are they changing to a random temp?

hi rich,

i asked on another thread, it does seem to work after all… just making rookie mistakes it seems…

by the way, should i set up the wakeup interval for more than 5 mins as it is now and if yes in which line to i correct it?

Thankds

Yes I would increase the wake up time. The shorter the period the more the battery use but the longer it takes to set the device so a bit of a balance and trial and error needed. I don’t have the code to hand but it is in the config section near the bottom. Current value is 300 (seconds).

Would be good to hear feedback on if they deliver what you were after?

Thanks

Hi Rich, what is the difference between your code version 0,7 and 1.1. The 0.7 works better for me than the v1.1?
The 0.7 does not give me the E5 state, and it has been working good for over a week now.

@richp

use the 0.7… the 1.1 is older…

Yes. Confusing. I need to delete the old ones! Sorry. 0.7 is current.

@richp hi, do you know what good the delay in the handler is? When I use rulemachine for more thermostats at once only one thermostat gets set. I can avoid this by making actions for every single thermostat and put different delays on them (seconds delays)

Regards

As i am on district heating, the heating season ends around end of march and begins around october. I am currently manually setting the delay time (summer - 24hrs, mainly to get the battery state and winter - 15 minutes).

Does anyone know whether the thermostat monitors the temperature of the pipe, to know when there is hot water in the system. If it is not that smart, then an ON/OFF button on the app would be an idea - to set the wakeup time to 24hrs or more for the summer. Of course when they get the district heating back on, it will take the radiator a while to get a new (ON) command.

any ideas?