Integration of z-Wave /danfoss thermostatw

Yup, that’s most of it. You also need to define the attributes (near the top of the code file).

Glad it’s working out :bowing_man:

I forgot to mention to anyone else following along. You’ll need to go into your settings for your device (on your classic android/iphone app) and tap ‘Save’. This will setup the 2 missing min/max attributes for it.

My quick on/off temperature settings are not working. Not sure if they were working previously as just started playing with this feature after the last update a few days ago. This is my scenario. I am trying to set up different times for different rads to come on and off. To do this I am actually utilizing the smart lighting smartapp as Tom’s DH allows it to be used as a switch. My thinking is I don’t really need to keep changing Temps so can just set the on/off temps for this. Changes can then be made at any point but will revert back to the default on the next schedule. I looked at 5-2 scheduler but couldn’t find the latest version, so not sure if it’s free anymore. Any better suggestions would be appreciated also

Whatever I do the LC13 only wakes every 5 minutes. Is there a secret handshake? Or is the minimum 5 minutes?

I found I had to use the official DH to set the wake-up time then revert back to the custom one. Never tried to go lower than 5mins though

1 Like

ref the below thread that DH runs both POP and danfoss, supports alex/google voice and the wake interval changeing works (take a full cycle ie 5min) under the cog icon

2 Likes

I remember now that the quick on/off temperatures where from a previous version that allowed it to behave like a switch… but somewhere along the way the switch behaviour changed. Now ‘off’ is 4C and ‘on’ reverts to the previously set temperature.

Also the wake period setting needs some work. I forgot that it was ‘sleepy’ device so the setting only works when the device is awake. It should really save the setting and then send the setting when it wakes up :frowning:

Hi @tommysqueak. It would be nice to add supported supportedThermostatModes API key to your DTH. Without this it will not work in Home Assistant Smartthings component. I have added below code and works well in ST and in Home Assistant. Just suggesting improvement. It may be usefull to some guys thinking about integrating with HA with built in component.

def sTM = device.currentValue('supportedThermostatModes')

if ((sTM != null) && (sTM != 'none')) {
    	sendEvent(name: "supportedThermostatModes", value: ["off", "heat"], descriptionText: "Supported thermostat modes are set to OFF and HEAT small caps")
} else {
    eventList << createEvent(name: "supportedThermostatModes", value: ["off", "heat"], descriptionText: "Supported thermostat modes are set to OFF and HEAT small caps")
}

Nice :slight_smile:

I don’t have an HA, so I’m not able to test it but as it’s an attribute it doesn’t look like it will do any harm. Can you create pull request and I can bring it into the code? Or maybe it’s something to add to the README as it’s optional thing for HA users. Up to you :slight_smile:

Friends, can you please help me? I am still new to ST and quite lost at the moment - I bought four Danfoss LC13 (all the same), two was immediately recognized and added to ST app (works fine), but I can’t add another two, the progress goes up to 80% and then I got error message… looks like SmartThings Hub simple can’t “see” them.

Please advice!

Are you pairing them next to the hub?

Yes, very close to Hub. All are SW1.01 :confused:

Dear Viktor,

Are you connect your Danfoss SW1.01 to ST?
I tried a lot of Handlers, but without result.
If you connected please clarify for me how?

Thank you in advance.

Hi! Sorry for late reply. Well, I had three head, one works, two not. In the battery tray was a sticker with the month of manufacture. Two deadheads was from the same month. I asked seller to change them for me. So I got another two with another month of manufacturing. They worked well for me. Hope it helps!

@piotrtaras - I’m trying to get this thermostat to work in HASSIO as well. I’m using @tommysqueak latest device drive and I now get a gauge in HA to adjust the temperature but whatever I select on that gauge the temperature displayed (in HA) doesn’t change. In my case it’s always 19 - “All the way around the gauge circle” - Do you or anyone else know what could cause that?

Are you using the smarthings intergration in HA ?

@vasarbob - I am indeed (Using the smartthings integration in HA)

Are any of the sensors child sensors in smarthings. If so they don’t cross over to HA. Use a virtual switch to take the sensor over to HA.

Thanks, @vasarbob - not sure I totally understand that. The sensors in questions are the Danfoss LC13 Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRV) which are configured (I think…) like all other devices in ST. Those TRV obviously do three things: Show Battery level, Show current set point and allow you to change the set point (the latter not working in HA). Does that answer the questions?

Can you also maybe point me to something that explains the “Virtual Switch” topic? Happy to try that as well but not sure where to start.

Again thanks for jumping on this thread.

Hi @tommysqueak

Any chance for you to update your Danfoss device handler to work with NEW smartthings app ?

When trying to open radiator in NEW app, it shows “Can’t connect to device” error.
Any help would be really appreciated.

2 Likes